Port Jervis Watershed

Anyone know how well these trails drain-off after several days of rain? Want to ride today but KVSP & Stephens are definitely a no-go today for sure!

Rusty

The Port Jervis Watershed is in great shape right now. The pump track is amazing and good for a warmup, you can ride up into the trails from town, and have a good meal and a beer afterwards in town. Good bike shop and a re-gentrifying downtown. Has all the potential to be a destination. The riding is challenging, rocky but doable. Lots of climbing and wonderful views and scenery. Highly recommend a trip up there to ride. Did I mention some of the best local dairy ice cream you ever ate? Rode there Saturday and saw a total of maybe 5 people out on the trails. 18 miles and I think we barely scratched the surface.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2728737843

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Guess I'll have to get up there and finally check this place out, but it's so far away.

Sven Migot

The Port Jervis Watershed is in great shape right now. The pump track is amazing and good for a warmup, you can ride up into the trails from town, and have a good meal and a beer afterwards in town. Good bike shop and a re-gentrifying downtown. Has all the potential to be a destination. The riding is challenging, rocky but doable. Lots of climbing and wonderful views and scenery. Highly recommend a trip up there to ride. Did I mention some of the best local dairy ice cream you ever ate? Rode there Saturday and saw a total of maybe 5 people out on the trails. 18 miles and I think we barely scratched the surface.

I concur. One of my favorite trail systems & the town vibe is great. Haven't checked out the pump track yet, but it's on my list. Worth the trip.
There was a hotel in town opening for MTBers, but haven't heard anything about it. Ground level was supposed to have lockers for bikes, etc.

Rusty

forgot to mention, its also very very well marked and with a map you can get around easily. The maprika map is meh, but combined with the trail markers you can't get lost without trying hard.

Its really not all that far away, and you can visit high point and the three states monument too whilst in the area.

Rusty

Hotel is being worked on, prob a year out. Will have rooftop bar overlooking the downtown strip and the mountain beyond that...should be very cool.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You forgot the brewery which helps get @Mitch out.
TC I think opened a shop in town, that would be his second shop. His original is in milford,pa. Used to be head wrench for Marty's in Htown. I have known TC since he was HS wrench in training back in the day, really good dude.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I rode here on Sunday with Adam Hubbard. He’s the dude doing the majority of the new trail work here. The new stuff they’ve cut this season is incredible. This is especially true when you see how rocky the soil is and how much dirt they are moving by hand.

I would encourage everyone to check out this spot.

I’m also a huge fan of fog wood and fig in town.

trener1

This has been on my list to check out for a while, hopefully I will get out there this fall.
What is the name of the Brewery and Ice cream place?.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This has been on my list to check out for a while, hopefully I will get out there this fall.
What is the name of the Brewery and Ice cream place?.

Fox n hare brewery
They have food with menu to satisfy just about anyone.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last minute call
Heading up here tomorrow and wondering if anyone else might be available that knows the trail system to lead a chill ride.

I managed to get around but felt like flow may have been better then the direction I went. Also which lot is best.

Top Bottom