PLEASE HELP:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Jorbacard_final.jpg
jorbacard_back_final.jpg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are there QR codes on the pamphlet/card/signs? do we have a qr code that we could carry on our phone, or a decal?

perhaps temporary codes that could be hung at rogue trail locations - placed on the trail signage?

You could get a QR tattoo, then you'd always have it with you... or maybe a batch of those temp tattoos, with the QR code.

I Ride Bikes

I think those cards are a must have for every person who does any trail work. Most people will stop and talk to someone who is out there working. But, most of the conversation is probably forgotten by the time they get back to there car. A card would ensure they don't forget and can look up more info when they have the time.
I wouldn't suggest just handing them out without asking if they would like one. We don't want the trails littered with unwanted cards when the person tosses it on the ground a few minutes later.

Molasses

Dumb question- would the park staff be adverse for leaving Jorba fliers or cards on windshields of those vehicles that are clearly "bicycle" users? If not that would eliminate losing a card handed out on the trail...

The Kalmyk

Dumb question- would the park staff be adverse for leaving Jorba fliers or cards on windshields of those vehicles that are clearly "bicycle" users? If not that would eliminate losing a card handed out on the trail...

That's how I found out about mtbnj

rlb

If you're targeting your audience (i.e. cars with bike racks on them) it might be a bit more effective. I don't think it's as spammy as getting a flier for EDM trance night at hunka bunka, or free estimates for gutter replacement fliers stuck under your wipers.

I Ride Bikes

Like I said before. If you hand something out to someone who doesn't want one you're very likely to find it thrown on the ground. It would be counter productive to the goal for the park Dept to find liter with jorbas info on it.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Maybe a nice patch of poison ivy.;)
This is my solution for graffitti-prone walls. That'll teach 'em!

Jdog, I live to close down shortcuts! It's happening at pretty much every heavily travelled park. Was just at Ringwood this Sunday lamenting the profusion of new alternate routes, even on some of the newer trails. At Lew Mo, the park commission is complaining that there are rogue trails emerging by the lake....and these were trails that we closed down 6 or 7 years ago. What do people need to stay on the trail, guardrails??? sheesh!

Last edited:

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
That is why my Avatar is "Curly"...because now I am basically a trail cattle rustler....I have to constantly stop my ride to block off all the braiding of the trails....motorcycles make new wider radius turns......MTBers avoid the rocks for the edge of the trail.....I see the WCR network degrading fast this year....Its hard to maintain quality singletrack.....maybe it doesn't matter to many users...but apparently it does to some land managers and those critical of our impacts.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like the cards, I will definitely take some to throw in the camelbak.

Thinking about groups we can reach out to,
is JORBA already known to the Meet-up crowd?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is JORBA already known to the Meet-up crowd?

I can't speak for everyone on the meetup, but they do regularly post TM sessions as meetups, so I think most people are probably at least aware of JORBA. Not sure what percentage are members though.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can't speak for everyone on the meetup, but they do regularly post TM sessions as meetups, so I think most people are probably at least aware of JORBA. Not sure what percentage are members though.

Okay, I figured there was some overlap, but if it's not yet well known the riders that use Meet-Up,
that could be a big group to reach.

Are cards on display at LBS's ?

rick81721

Lothar
We have pamphlets but they are a bit old/out of date. The current hotness is JORBA cards, which have everything you need to know on them. Email me: ken@jorba.org, and I will coordinate a drop-off of a stack or three. @Frank should also have a bunch if you see him up that way.

Speaking of which, if we have enough interest in an army of ambassadors, I will do a new run of them and give out metric shittons.

Jorba cards came in the mail today - thanks guys. Tossed a bunch in my camobak

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions