Places to ride near Vegas

Danimal

Have a work trip and will have a few hours friday to kill. Any good trails or bike rentals near by?

What Jeremy said. Also check out these threads:
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/vegas-anyone-mtb-out-there.40951/
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/las-vegas-bike-rental.45556/#post-817849

I also got this comment on Strava:
"Hit Cowboy Trails on the West Side of LV in Red Rock Canyon."

That comment was from someone that travels and rides all over the place, so I assume if he suggested it, it must be excellent. I didn't have a car, so I just ubered to All Mountain Cyclery each morning to ride and left the bike there when I was done.

Didn't bike yet but visited sir Hoover
IMG_20181101_134416776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181101_131827232_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181101_132631479_HDR.jpg

If you visited the Hoover Dam, you should have done Bootleg Canyon! It's right there!

Man, now I'm wondering if a cheap Las Vegas biking trip is worthwhile for the dead cold of winter.

If you visited the Hoover Dam, you should have done Bootleg Canyon! It's right there!

Man, now I'm wondering if a cheap Las Vegas biking trip is worthwhile for the dead cold of winter.
True, but I was limited with time today and bike rental is fairly expensive so I want to get as much time as possible out of it!

Picture update! First off, all mountain cyclery was pretty awesome to deal with. Tried renting a M stumpy comp but it had been reserved already. Guy was pushing an e bike and I almost thought about it. Thankfully a size L stumpy fit me pretty well. Only had a few hrs to explore but got a solid 15 miles In. It was hot, but it was fun. Took a pic with the massive bike statue but my phone decided to corrupt it
IMG_20181102_123648254_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181102_123641134_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181102_123633229_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181102_115454824_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181102_115436138_HDR.jpg

From Bootleg Canyon, the two coolest sites was both Vegas and Hoover Dam. Hoover Dam is cool because, well it's cool. But Vegas is pretty neat from up there because it just looks like some silly little street with weird buildings and then basically nothing around it in the valley. Worth going up there for that view alone.

From Bootleg Canyon, the two coolest sites was both Vegas and Hoover Dam. Hoover Dam is cool because, well it's cool. But Vegas is pretty neat from up there because it just looks like some silly little street with weird buildings and then basically nothing around it in the valley. Worth going up there for that view alone.
Agreed! And downtown Vegas traffic sucks! Drivers are much nicer than NYC drivers though

Back
Top Bottom