Places to Ride near Fairfield

RobW

Looking at a career change and it would be a big change in commute so which means no commuting by bike... what areas are close by or on my way home (beach area) to get some...TIA

roc

Looking at a career change and it would be a big change in commute so which means no commuting by bike... what areas are close by or on my way home (beach area) to get some...TIA
High mountain is 10 minutes by car from fair lawn.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
What type of riding are you looking to do? Are you looking for a quick lunch break paved bike path or an after work all mountain die hard kick you in the Johnny mountain bike epic adventure?

RobW

What type of riding are you looking to do? Are you looking for a quick lunch break paved bike path or an after work all mountain die hard kick you in the Johnny mountain bike epic adventure?
The latter

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
And where approximately are you commuting from? Trying to figure out what you may be riding past

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Nice choices along the way.
1. Like what the other gentleman said-High Mountain. 10 minutes from Fairlawn. I work from home a couple of days a week in case you need an after work tour, just send me a PM. Wyckoff Cycle does a group ride either Tuesday or Wednesday
2. If you take the parkway home, there is Mills in Montclair.
3. If you take route 287 then you can hit The Tourne in Boonton. I think Cycle Craft does a group ride on Tuesday nights.
4. Also off of 287 is Lewis Morris. I think Marty’s does a Wednesday night ride.
5. From Fairlawn up Route 208 to 287 South to Skyline Drive, go to he top of Skyline Drive, Ramapo, pretty intense tech.
5. If you feel like taking it easy, there is always the Saddle River bike path that runs past Fairlawn. The park service plows it even during a blizzard

JerseyPete

Yes, but no longer from the soccer field on Barbara Dr. Pool Hollow Rd leads to Yellow south of 287 and has a few parking spots. If you are in large groups, park at the boat launch 1/2 mile north of Pool Hollow on West Oakland Ave.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Yes, but no longer from the soccer field on Barbara Dr. Pool Hollow Rd leads to Yellow south of 287 and has a few parking spots. If you are in large groups, park at the boat launch 1/2 mile north of Pool Hollow on West Oakland Ave.
Have not ridden that. You will have to show me sometime

JerseyPete

My bike and I are getting into better shape and will see when I can make that happen.
As to the OP, go with High Mountain and go with someone that knows the trails from the deer run. I believe members of the OOS know it well.

w_b

That’s gonna be one hella commute if you gotta do it 5d/Wk. Wore me and my vehicles down in no time. GL.

RobW

Nice choices along the way.
1. Like what the other gentleman said-High Mountain. 10 minutes from Fairlawn. I work from home a couple of days a week in case you need an after work tour, just send me a PM. Wyckoff Cycle does a group ride either Tuesday or Wednesday
2. If you take the parkway home, there is Mills in Montclair.
3. If you take route 287 then you can hit The Tourne in Boonton. I think Cycle Craft does a group ride on Tuesday nights.
4. Also off of 287 is Lewis Morris. I think Marty’s does a Wednesday night ride.
5. From Fairlawn up Route 208 to 287 South to Skyline Drive, go to he top of Skyline Drive, Ramapo, pretty intense tech.
5. If you feel like taking it easy, there is always the Saddle River bike path that runs past Fairlawn. The park service plows it even during a blizzard
Excellent! Sounds like plenty of options... gym is onsite also... thanks...

huffster

I highly encourage you to really think about whether your quality of life will improve. Throwing this out from personal experience and that of friends and relatives. You are close enough to ride a bike to work now. You may trade that for a long, shitty commute. I guess that comes down to how much the current job sucks. Good luck with your decision.

Oh, and that quick swing to High Mountain, takes you 10 minutes further from home.

Top Bottom