places to ride in eastern CT

qclabrat

will be in Groton, CT for a week
anyone able to suggest parks worth riding or should I just stick with a road bike?

chuprinko

Bluff Point State Park, right there near Groton airport. Nice mix of trails. Can also follow the railroad tracks down toward Mumford Cove which will take you over to Haley Farms park. Nice single track. There is also a paved multiuser path from the Haley Farm back toward town.

qclabrat

http://www.nemba.org/trails/connecticut

There are a few parks within driving distance, nothing spectacular but you will get some dirt. The road riding in and around Groton isn't too great. If you can swing a road trip, go to Case Mountain in Manchester. It is an hour away and worth the drive.

Will try to get out to case. how is the Rockland Preserve? May try to hit it on the way there or back.

qclabrat

Bluff Point State Park, right there near Groton airport. Nice mix of trails. Can also follow the railroad tracks down toward Mumford Cove which will take you over to Haley Farms park. Nice single track. There is also a paved multiuser path from the Haley Farm back toward town.
my wife and kids hiked there a few years back. They didn't notice any significant singletracks, but it's close to the hotel and I can ride there in the mornings. Thanks

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The only place I have heard of with CT and biking in the same sentence was Trumbull, so whatever park is in Trumbull might have trails.

qclabrat

left late so hit the first park in CT, Mianus Preserve (yes, odd name). Ironically, I was there about 2 yrs ago, while in a conference in Armonk, NY. This park was the closest even from Westchester. Only about 10 miles of trails, but nicely maintained and was similar to Orange at Chimney.

only the rich ride here
WP_20170306_17_22_43_Pro.jpg

qclabrat

road around Mystic this morning, spitting freezing rain and pedal kept on falling off. Figured out the issue, but will need a socket wrench, which I did not pack.
WP_20170307_06_45_54_Pro.jpg

chuprinko

If you don't find a tool, there is a bike store about 1 mile outside of mystic along the water. Mystic cycles I think.

Top Bottom