Places to ride after rain?

Liv2Ride

I usually ride Chimney Rock but I have learned it is not the place to ride after it has seen some rain. You almost have to wait a few days of dry weather for things to dry up. Ive been hitting up Cheesequake this past week and found it is pretty good even after some rainfall. Some muddy spots but most of trail pretty dry. Anyone know of any other trails that are rideable after a rainfall?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Round Valley is solid after the rain. The beginning from the main lot can be a bit wet but after the 1st 1/2 mile or so it's fine. Allaire also is usually fine, just is considered south Jersey.

MrWebby

Six Mile Run

Six Mile Run is also a good place to ride after rain...I'm guessing has good natural drainage thanks to the creek that runs through it.

BiknBen

Six Mile Run is also a good place to ride after rain...I'm guessing has good natural drainage thanks to the creek that runs through it.

6-Mile is a low lieing area once designated to be the site of a resevoir. That means water drains towards it and water is absorbed slowly. It's is not known to drain well by those that ride there often.

OTOH, it is very dry right now.

FYI, Mercer County Park is another place that drains very poorly. I live minutes from there but can't remember the last time I actually rode there.

Top Bottom