Pittsfield, MA - Any Info?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We're thinking of heading up to Thunder Mountain on a Saturday in the fall, then looking for a set of XC trails to ride on the Sunday. Wondering if anyone has ridden Pittsfield, MA, which seems to be rather vast according to Trailforks:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/pittsfield/

Tagging some random people in the hopes that someone has ridden here before:

@Ian F
@Mitch
@soundz
@JimN
@KenS

I checked out a bunch of strava segments here and I can find nobody I know who has ridden here. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Alternately, is there another place to ride on Sunday that would be on the way home from Thunder?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to tag some people that moved to Boston, but Pittsfield is nowhere near Boston. Worst case you could just hit Elm Ridge again or Round Top on the way home.

thegock

then looking for a set of XC trails to ride on the Sunday. Wondering if anyone has ridden Pittsfield, MA, which seems to be rather vast according to Trailforks:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/pittsfield/

I checked out a bunch of strava segments here and I can find nobody I know who has ridden here. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Alternately, is there another place to ride on Sunday that would be on the way home from Thunder?

This is a bit of a primary park for the R3 crew out of Albany, so it must be decent. Otherwise they would just go up to the SMBA trails in Saratoga Springs all the time.

walter

Fourth Party
Do you have to drive through Connecticut to get there? If so, go somewhere else.

That's all I got.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I rode past it and Thunder 2 weekends ago on the road bike. The road was nice. Lots of lifted trucks with DH bikes outside of Thunder so that might not be your bag, baby. None of this will help. Sorry.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The last time I rode there was Pedrosfest in like 2007, so I really can't comment on the current state of trails there. I remember Jiminy being fun flowy lift served stuff, and PSF a bit steep in the climbs but real fun.

Check out Berkshire NEMBA's trail directory to pick some spots and ride it!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Young Rob lived there but not sure if he rode a bike then. My take is you will like thunder so much that you will want to do it again sunday.

Isn't the thruway the route to go? You could do Wyndham on your way back.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn't the thruway the route to go?

Maybe usually, but we're starting/ending at Alex & Mark's, so I think we'll do a different route. Someone suggested Taconic on the way back, which is an option. I hear there are more trails than just the race stuff and they're decent. Still brainstorming.

@map111158 - any thoughts?

map111158

Sorry can’t say I’ve ridden there. I have heard people like the trails at Kennedy park which you can access from an outdoor equipment store

https://arcadian.com/kennedy-park/

Might want to call them or Berkshire bike and board see what they recommend. Plenty of places to eat afterwards in Great Barrington, Lee or Lenox.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe usually, but we're starting/ending at Alex & Mark's, so I think we'll do a different route. Someone suggested Taconic on the way back, which is an option. I hear there are more trails than just the race stuff and they're decent. Still brainstorming.

@map111158 - any thoughts?

909 as a whole is great imo.

Berms&Boofs

I rode past it and Thunder 2 weekends ago on the road bike. The road was nice. Lots of lifted trucks with DH bikes outside of Thunder so that might not be your bag, baby. None of this will help. Sorry.

But even Huffy's can make it down Thunder Mt:
[/QUOTE]

Tarroneus

There's also Lenox, MA and Beebe Hill in Austerlitz up there. Have not been to Lenox. Some good stuff at Beebe/Harvey but it's not huge.

Top Bottom