Pisgah, NC

CABuilder

I'm going to ride Pisgah shortly and am looking for good solo loop or pt-pt/shuttle ride recommendations.

Default this trip is solo unless there are good point-point options you recommend.

Just Pisgah itself, (not DuPont, Mills River section, nor Bent Creek section).

Appreciate any knowledge you can drop on me!

Attachments

• Mullinax Tail May 2017.jpg
    Mullinax Tail May 2017.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 165

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
https://www.strava.com/activities/723735592

Does this link work? Starts at the Kitsuma lot. Solid gradual climb with some killer views on Old Toll Road. Road, double track, slowly turns into rocky climbing. Not extremely challenging. Down heartbreak ridge which is awesome. Jump over some trai tracks. Pass the car if you are done or check out the Kitsuma trail nice stroll back to the car on road/double track/old road converted to bike path only.

CABuilder

https://www.strava.com/activities/723735592

Does this link work? Starts at the Kitsuma lot. Solid gradual climb with some killer views on Old Toll Road. Road, double track, slowly turns into rocky climbing. Not extremely challenging. Down heartbreak ridge which is awesome. Jump over some trai tracks. Pass the car if you are done or check out the Kitsuma trail nice stroll back to the car on road/double track/old road converted to bike path only.

Thanks, pearl! That looks like a great ride.

Just got back last week. Pisgah - Black Trail. Stop at the Hub before and after for suggestions and craft brews. Black Mountain - Kitsuma Trail is great. Finished up the week in Dupont. Ridgeline and Hooker Creek trails are not to be missed.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Was in Pisgah this past weekend and rode Spencer Gap, Trace and Fletcher. Highly recommend. Was a 10mile loop with moderate climbing but sweeeet downhills.

Gnick

I was just down there. I climbed To the top of Bennett’s gap and rode that, then climbed back to the top of black mountain and rode that down. Absolutely awesome. Stop in at one of the bike shops in Brevard and have them mark up a map

DanBrodeen

Gonna be in the Brevard area 7/21-7/24 if anyone wants to connect for some rides. Plan on Berm Park, Pisgah Ranger and Turkey Pen, Dupont, and Kanunga.

RSAmerica

FYI, I live in Asheville (NJ transplant) I will be out of town but returning to Asheville Thursday the 21 (going to NJ to see family). Just hit me up or use some of my rides off Strava. If you want to ride park, I would skip Berm Park and Ride Kanuga it’s way better.

Today’s ride with MTB Aussie.
Check out my ride on Strava.

DanBrodeen

FYI, I live in Asheville (NJ transplant) I will be out of town but returning to Asheville Thursday the 21 (going to NJ to see family). Just hit me up or use some of my rides off Strava. If you want to ride park, I would skip Berm Park and Ride Kanuga it’s way better.

Today’s ride with MTB Aussie.
Check out my ride on Strava.
I had planned on doing both Berm Park and Kanuga. Rode Kanunga last summer. So rad!

Top Bottom