Peter Sagan Appreciation Thread

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but could he even come back in after missing a stage? i cant see that happening

Nah...its a done deal. Maybe he'll enter some MTB races now that he ain't got shit else to do.

Ian F

I suppose there was hope he could continue to race pending the appeal. I'm guessing he didn't start today's stage?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
nope, he was probably already partying by the start of the stage

i thought thats how an appeal worked, but i guess not in cycling

hotsauce

Apparently the decision isn't even appealable unless the UCI/ASO/Cookson stepped in unilaterally and went around the rules. Yesterday's Velonews podcast had a good summery.

Relegation and points were enough, disqualification is far too much. Will Sagan come back and win 4 stages and the GC in anger at Tour de Pologne at the end of the month?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Apparently the decision isn't even appealable unless the UCI/ASO/Cookson stepped in unilaterally and went around the rules. Yesterday's Velonews podcast had a good summery.

Relegation and points were enough, disqualification is far too much. Will Sagan come back and win 4 stages and the GC in anger at Tour de Pologne at the end of the month?
He will be racing the veulta most likely

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Shamelessly stolen from DrunkCyclist. :rolleyes:
IMG_0440.jpg

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
There's more footage out now where it looks like Sagan's elbow is actually pulled on by cavs brake hood as he falls.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Is he banned from all ASO events?

If the fallout continues... they may not want the attention re-hashing this fiasco would bring to another of their events so soon. Sagan himself may not trust ASO to not try a hatchet job on him if he did go. It's pretty much SOP with FIFA ....err...ummm I mean ASO.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom