Peter Sagan Appreciation Thread

Pete "The Elbow" Sagan. Try to pass me and I put you in the wall. Then they run over your head.

Drop bows on em...

7D0C66BD-986C-4399-BC42-8018F5A62312_zpsfrdiavux.gif

Sagan DQ'ed and out of TdF. A bit surprised with that. I didn't think Sagan was at fault. It think it was just racing and no one holding a straight line. DeMare was moving around and almost took out Bouhani. The whole sprint was messy, not just Sagan and Cav. I think Cav was forcing into a gap that might not have been there. It doesn't look like Sagan's elbow ever made contact with Cav. It looked like Cav has had Demare's wheel, but lost it and Sagan jumped onto it. DeMare shifted to the right and Sagan followed when Cav tried to jump the gap from behind. I dunno who was really at fault and kinda just think it was the unfortunate part of racing.

One thing is certain though, the tour just became a lot less interesting with Sagan going home.

I thought Sagan threw that elbow knowing Cav was coming. Incedental, no way but Cav was asking for that. Like hockey where the offensive guy puts himself in a vulnerable position and goats a guy into taking a BS 5 minute major (fuk the Kings 2012).

I've seen a thousand times worse with less penalty. Cav tried to force the issue as he's done countless times before and after the handlebar incident during the classics Sagan was having none of it. Was it aggressive, you're damn right it was. It was an aggressive response to an aggressive action. Penalty would have been appropriate DQ was a gross over reaction especially when weighed against comparable historical incidents. Good luck ToF.... I won't be wasting another second on you for 2017. In a dying industry, you just stepped on a contaminated syringe.

Edit: I should have realized there was a financial tie between Dimention Data and the A.S.O. .............Fucking unbelievable.

http://www.channelbiz.co.uk/2016/06/29/dimension-data-wheeled-tour-de-france-big-data/

Last edited:
Sagan DQ'ed and out of TdF. A bit surprised with that. I didn't think Sagan was at fault. It think it was just racing and no one holding a straight line. DeMare was moving around and almost took out Bouhani. The whole sprint was messy, not just Sagan and Cav. I think Cav was forcing into a gap that might not have been there. It doesn't look like Sagan's elbow ever made contact with Cav. It looked like Cav has had Demare's wheel, but lost it and Sagan jumped onto it. DeMare shifted to the right and Sagan followed when Cav tried to jump the gap from behind. I dunno who was really at fault and kinda just think it was the unfortunate part of racing.

One thing is certain though, the tour just became a lot less interesting with Sagan going home.

Does anyone else feel like they're listing characters from Star Trek when they're spitting out names in cycling?

Back
Top Bottom