Patriot Hillsboro house for sale

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
many of the indian people that i worked with lived in edison, and dreamed of living in hillsboro/montgomery/belle meade area.
too far from an indian food store was one of the issues. is that still true? one that i keep in-touch with is still looking at houses,
but can't pull the trigger, cause things like septic, or power lines, or slow resale (cause they are trying to hold the price)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have an american guy review that says it is huge.
think y
Oh and chipotle still blows. Go to Moes just south of Hillsboro rd

ain't going to either. :puke emoji: (what happened to the puke guy?)

qclabrat

rumor is Jo-Sho is closing. The wife passed away a couple months ago. RIP. She was always sweet and happy.
Sorry homies

Think there were like 5 chinese people in my HS graduating class. My wife teaches 3rd grade in boro. Her room is like 80% minority.
I noticed in the past year that one of the waiters was running the front. Food there is still good but service is falling wayside. Having worked at a number of restaurants, I appreciate the fine tuned operations of a restaurant. I hope it doesn't go away, we go to other places for sushi, but usually wishing we want to Jo-Sho instead.

qclabrat

many of the indian people that i worked with lived in edison, and dreamed of living in hillsboro/montgomery/belle meade area.
too far from an indian food store was one of the issues. is that still true? one that i keep in-touch with is still looking at houses,
but can't pull the trigger, cause things like septic, or power lines, or slow resale (cause they are trying to hold the price)
I lived in Edison and know that Asians often have extended families living with them. Many don't drive so many chose neighborhoods where there are sidewalks and access to a supermarkets and shopping. I'm one of those Asians as my in-laws live with us. When we first started looking at homes there was a place in Far Hills which I fell in love with. It was on over 15 acres and even had a small pond. My in-laws thought it was too secluded so that was that.

ekuhn

Everyone should go to Manny’s dad’s place. It’s good.

I second this statement. It’s even better now that I can say I ‘know’ Manny!

The house is behind the cell tower on Morgan Lane - with a Zion Rd address. The lanes are for the common driveways and flag lots. I’ve been inside, kitchen is primo. The rest is ehh. Was built then rebuilt after a fire to my understanding and some items were left to be desired.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
@fidodie
New indian supermarket next to the NEW drive thru starbucks and NEW chipotle
Patidar Supermarket
649 US-206

yo man boro off the chainz! I heard it's the next Sedona.

I love this place. I never know exactly what i'm buying but it always tastes good. I first went there with my indian friend and he told me what to buy. It was a whole new world of food for me. I felt like the whitest man alive.

qclabrat

confirming Jo-Sho is now closed, planned to go on Saturday night
it has been our goto place for 2 years, wished we knew about it earlier
Hoping the owner is well after hearing about the bad news from Manny
I know this is off topic, but anyone able to suggest good sushi not far from Jo-Sho?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
confirming Jo-Sho is now closed, planned to go on Saturday night
it has been our goto place for 2 years, wished we knew about it earlier
Hoping the owner is well after hearing about the bad news from Manny
I know this is off topic, but anyone able to suggest good sushi not far from Jo-Sho?

Sushi-O on Rte. 1 in Edison. Across the street from Skylark Diner.

qclabrat

Sushi-O on Rte. 1 in Edison. Across the street from Skylark Diner.
thanks, I'll give it try
But looks like Chinese food from the Yelp pics
In general, if I see on the menu an item called Dynamite Roll, I'll skip it
My family is guilty of bastardizing the Japanese food industry having owned a number of restaurants in the area. There's more to cutting fish and putting it in a roll or rice.
In all my time in NJ, two places stood out, Ajian (now Jareds jewelery store in Watchung) and Jo-Sho.
I'm temped to try to find where the Jo-Sho chefs went, they are all in 60s so wouldn't be surprised if they retired.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
thanks, I'll give it try
My family is guilty of bastardizing the Japanese food industry having owned a number of restaurants in the area. There's more to cutting fish and putting it in a roll or rice.
In all my time in NJ, two places stood out, Ajian (now Jareds jewelery store in Watchung) and Jo-Sho.
I'm temped to try to find where the Jo-Sho chefs went, they are all in 60s so wouldn't be surprised if they retired.

What about Mr. Pi's in Warren? I only ate at the Metuchen location when there was one.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
thanks, I'll give it try

If you’re down in Montgomery try Midori. My wife and I have always had a good experience there.

qclabrat

What about Mr. Pi's in Warren? I only ate at the Metuchen location when there was one.
I know the family, they live in Brooklyn and come into NJ everyday. Even sat next to them for dimsum once in King's county. Nice people, I've been to both stores, the Metuchen shop was a favorite when we lived in Edison. Is that location gone?
I'm not here to rate any businesses, Just a very picky sushi guy who likes his fish prepared in the old fashion manner. I like my sushi prepared where I don't need extra soy. Hard to find places like this as it takes time to prepare and has a shorter shelf life. Good places, should run of of a popular fish from time to time.

Somerville had a good place, Shumi, which closed but reopened in North Jersey. Looks like there's a new place in the same location, I'm going to try it this week when my brother visits. Also I've heard good things about Tomo's in East Hanover, but a bit far and expensive for a casual family dinner.

Top Bottom