parvin

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
it's been a few months since i have been here, but if you are stuck in the vineland area and have a few minutes to spare with the bike - take a spin around parvin. its not the most exciting place, but its fun and fast if you crank. very flat, sandy in spots, there's a nice lake that sets up for a nice sunset, and there was a fair amount of singletrack in the place.

some cellphone pics:

Parvin.jpg

Parvin_Lake.jpg

T

tonei05

Parvins

Yeah, Parvins was a great place to ride when there is no time to go any where else.

How about that bridge trail - I bit a few times all that slick moss/algae. Once even in the dead of winter but I loved every freezing second!!!

R

RoAdRaSh

Oh Parvins

Hey guys we ride parvins once or twice a week, your right its quick can and easy! The red trail with the bridges can be pretty technical.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm really stoopid and need soome more to get an idea what you mean by technical??? I am down there somtimes and will consider riding those chigger infested trails:)

the red trail can be funky. the bridges are over a swamp. the last time i was there, the bridge was half submerged, really slick, surrounded by deep scummy, black pond water, and the bridges were jacked up. they made jay's wood section at six mile (the one on the canal side of six mile) look perfectly straight and flat. not too crazy, but a real deep wet scummy consequence if you mess up.

R

RoAdRaSh

Update

The bridges are still jacked up for the most part, however the boy scout did a fantastic job rebuilding a bridge crossing a stream. We are going to put together a trail clean up at parvins, this really means cutting down the branches that wack you inb the face and of course fixing up the busted bridges. If anyone is interested please email me. The more the people we can get the better obviously!

Top Bottom