Park City Utah MTB advice please?

rick81721

Lothar
Awesome place, looks like I rode a loop similar to @mfennell 's first day. Had no real plan other than a Felt Decree FRD 29er reserved at Park City Bike Demos (which is going out of business btw) and a reco of the mid mountain trail, both trail and shop reco from @jdog.

Got there around 10 am, the bike was ready. The guy working there gave me a map and showed how to get to a trailhead that climbed up to the mid mountain trail. Burned by the weather again as it was supposed to rain in the afternoon but rained earlier, what a surprise. Actually knocked down the dust so that was good but the bike rear tire was slipping on wet rocks. I lowered the pressure and it was a little better. Anywho, after only a 1500 ft climb, got to the mid mountain trail. I expected less trees as I climbed but surprisingly most of the trail was either birch or pine forest. Also thought altitude might be s problem but didn't push the climb so no issues. On top:

IMG_20180802_120133_018.jpg

IMG_20180802_124238_635.jpg

Followed the mid mountain trail south-ish until I had a little over 2 hrs riding time, then headed down. Tried this gravedigger trail first but there were some hairy edge-of-doom sections, here's one I took a pic from the opposite side:
IMG_20180802_133604.jpg

The trail was right along the tree line, the drop off was almost vertical. Then I got lost further in and ended up looping around, so high-tailed it to a dirt road and flew down the rest of the way to town. Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/1745596091

We decided to stay in Utah 2 more days, going to head down to Zion and/Bryce canyon, might get another ride in down there.

Top Bottom