park bike/dirt jumper urban assault vehicle

Mountain Bike Mike

I grew up within a 20" bike riding distance of that track. I wish I had ridden there more than I did.

If I'm still working in NJ next year, I may try to get to the Hunterdon County BMX track for some sprint training and jumping practice.

I was there at least twice a week when I was a kid - before they redid the configuration. Still have all the trophies and ribbons

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@walter , saw a 24 sunday in my friends shop , jpr cycles in Lyndhurst NJ pretty sure he had it below retail as well

walter

Fourth Party
Ok, test rode many o bikes the last few days. 20s and 24s, buncha brands. Kink, SE, Fit, and Fiend. The 20s all pretty much feel the same, and while I love the SE So Cal Flyer, I think I'm gonna go with a 20 inch. Still need to get my mitts on a Stolen and a Sunday just for comparison. One benefit to having a 14 year old daughter is that all her guy friends ride bikes still, one of the regulars rode his haro to my house and I went for a rip. It was noticeably lighter than the bikes I had ridden but then he broke the news to me that it was like a $1000 bike so I gave it back to him.

Pending rides on a Stolen and Sunday, a kink gap xl is in the lead. Ill keep yas informed.

walter

Fourth Party
Gotcha, just wanted to throw it out there for ya. They are a real sweet ride
Its a great looking bike, and a few folks were pushing it but I'm looking to keep it sub $400. I hate bike shopping, it makes me realize how many bikes I want to buy.

walter

Fourth Party
I hear ya, just gettin older it makes it nice. You know it. We get what we pay for. I think the fit is around 550

aaannnnnddddddd game changer........ another day of testing bikes..... rode the Fit 22 and the Stolen 22 with a bunch of others in between. The 22 is spot on. That extra TT length and the slightly bigger wheels are awesome. Not as "clumsy" as the 24s, and almost the same ride as the 20s. The Fit was about 580ish and the Stolen was almost $100 cheaper, and dudeman said the Stolen was actually specced better. Went back to Planet Bike and rode the Kink XL later in the day and kept telling myself that for $200 less than the 22 Fit I could probably get used to it. Maybe not. Looks like I may be hitting the coinstar machine......

qclabrat

aaannnnnddddddd game changer........ another day of testing bikes..... rode the Fit 22 and the Stolen 22 with a bunch of others in between. The 22 is spot on. That extra TT length and the slightly bigger wheels are awesome. Not as "clumsy" as the 24s, and almost the same ride as the 20s. The Fit was about 580ish and the Stolen was almost $100 cheaper, and dudeman said the Stolen was actually specced better. Went back to Planet Bike and rode the Kink XL later in the day and kept telling myself that for $200 less than the 22 Fit I could probably get used to it. Maybe not. Looks like I may be hitting the coinstar machine......
Haha, I'm also ebaying my kids old toys to fund my next build, I got coins too...

ChrispyKreme

They are so very nice, great in a park. Good luck, and pics

Top Bottom