Pad protection

Jeff.P

Hi my name is Jeff. I am new at this sport, I just bought a hard tail, I am based in central Jersey. Does anyone have suggestions for bike shops that carry a variety of pads. My local shop does not have any and I want to try some on first. For fit. Thanks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hi my name is Jeff. I am new at this sport, I just bought a hard tail, I am based in central Jersey. Does anyone have suggestions for bike shops that carry a variety of pads. My local shop does not have any and I want to try some on first. For fit. Thanks.

which parts of your body are you most worried about?

i was worries about my hips, so purchased some stuff from EVS. but probably it is more forearm and elbow the way i ride.

now that i think i know what i'm doing after 7 years (and a bunch 30 years ago), i just wear a helmet, and ride conservatively.

while everyone wants to "push" - learning progressively is a the way to go IMHO
Meaning start at six mile run or allaire, move to lewis morris, and chimney rock, then to the harder parks. (your location may dictate different parks)

qclabrat

Hi Jeff, welcome
yeah, body armor is more popular up north.
Maybe try CycleCraft or Wyckoff cycles

qclabrat

funny you posted this, as I'm sorting out ones that don't fit. Four sets and none really fit. Read the reviews if you're not sure
IMG_20180710_214152.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome Jeff! The G-form stuff is great for the low speed type of wrecks we all had when getting started. Where have you ridden so far?

Robin

Try Halter’s in Montgomery

Jeff.P

which parts of your body are you most worried about?

i was worries about my hips, so purchased some stuff from EVS. but probably it is more forearm and elbow the way i ride.

now that i think i know what i'm doing after 7 years (and a bunch 30 years ago), i just wear a helmet, and ride conservatively.

while everyone wants to "push" - learning progressively is a the way to go IMHO
Meaning start at six mile run or allaire, move to lewis morris, and chimney rock, then to the harder parks. (your location may dictate different parks)
Worried about forearms, elbows, shins and knees

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Worried about forearms, elbows, shins and knees

are you riding flat pedals or clipped in?

my shin from last night. pressed a rose whip between my leg and a rock. i think?

IMG_1534.JPG

Top Bottom