Out of Shape Newbie from Wayne

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard like Chris said ride your bike into the ground save your pennies and look around for a better ride but at least you will know if you are serious about riding before spending too much on a new bike..

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thank you again.
Biking is something I am most likely to continue... I think... or at least I hope to.
Mountain biking.... from what I have read and seen, looks so much fun and with the great scenery, I can't imagine it can ever be boring. However, one thing that I am concerned about is acquiring the skill level to fully enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking to jump off cliff or anything but at least acquiring the skills to maneuver mountain paths at decent speeds without killing myself! lol

rick81721

Lothar
Thank you again.
Biking is something I am most likely to continue... I think... or at least I hope to.
Mountain biking.... from what I have read and seen, looks so much fun and with the great scenery, I can't imagine it can ever be boring. However, one thing that I am concerned about is acquiring the skill level to fully enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking to jump off cliff or anything but at least acquiring the skills to maneuver mountain paths at decent speeds without killing myself! lol

I'm a relative noob to mountain biking as well. I highly recommend taking Ben Tufford's (BikNBen here) mountaing biking skills clinics. He's a great teacher and really helped me.

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34492

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
+1 on Ben's clinics....noob or not. Also, everybody falls..... Noobs, pros, everybody. Just go at your pace and don't worry about it. Stay relaxed keep your eyes moving and look as far down the trail as possible. If you stare at your front tire, every turn or obstacle will be an unpleasant surprise.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another plus for Cognition (bikinben) it's the best head start a beginner can have...

Welcome

Welcome
Im in little falls so not to far. I usually ride sat and sunday mornings if you ever want to get together just send me a msg

Top Bottom