OOS MOGA

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
hey @c8m I still have your hex lol my bad

edit next ride I should have a new crank and rear d I just ordered everything but the breaks for 240

Last edited:

BPaze

As long as I am involved it will remain OOS, I am only riding 1.2x a week and while I have noticed an improvement in my fitness and endurance while playing soccer, I have not noticed a substantial improvement while riding. It is frustrating, but I am struggling to get out and ride 3+ days a week I would need to, to get where I want.

qclabrat

Thread title needs to be changed to “cat 2-3 Mtb ride”....
I do have to say though I haven't been to many, the group is riding much faster and stronger up climbs each time. Vast improvement over the first ride at HM earlier in the year. I'm telling folks, we can skip CAT 3 races and jump right into CAT 2 at this pace for next season.....

qclabrat

As long as I am involved it will remain OOS, I am only riding 1.2x a week and while I have noticed an improvement in my fitness and endurance while playing soccer, I have not noticed a substantial improvement while riding. It is frustrating, but I am struggling to get out and ride 3+ days a week I would need to, to get where I want.
I've seen your skills riding log skinnies at Nassau, so you've got plenty already. What are you looking to improve on? Even when I could ride, 2x was the max for me each week. To improve it's about the quality and not quantity of your rides. Of your 3 rides per week, do one in a techy park and another fast park where you push hard the entire ride with limited breaks. And save a day for fun on weekends with the OOS crew. Some of the CAT1/Pro riders here only ride twice a week on average, but they go all out each time. Having the right conditioning will help to improve your skills eventually.

BPaze

Honestly I am usually ok on a 4-5 mile hour long ride, but on the longer rides i fade significantly. I really just want the conditioning to improve so I don't get sloppy with my technique as the ride progresses. My goal is to ride 10 miles in about 2 hours total time at places like Stephen's and Ringwood, but not there yet. Honestly that is fine as well, but I would prefer to see more progression, hoping by next year I will be able to do that.

I also wish I could get out more frequently just because I enjoy it, unfortunately with my wife and I have very different schedules it is tough to ride often with a 15 month old.

On that note I am hitting RW between 1-3 today if anyone wants to join?

BPaze

@BPaze wake up early and I would do am rides Tuesday Thursday

Wish I could get up early, maybe I will give it a go next week, but can't do Tuesday, I have soccer that night and I also have to be in the office early for a meeting every Tuesday. I leave my house before 7 am to go to work so not enough time to ride.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Wish I could get up early, maybe I will give it a go next week, but can't do Tuesday, I have soccer that night and I also have to be in the office early for a meeting every Tuesday. I leave my house before 7 am to go to work so not enough time to ride.

I leave around the same time when I start doing am rides I'm gonna be at the trail by 545 to give me time to shower at work.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Last year, when I was riding more, didn't really notice anything but when I looked at my speed and time, they improved.
It hurts the same but you do go faster.

qclabrat

Last year, when I was riding more, didn't really notice anything but when I looked at my speed and time, they improved.
It hurts the same but you do go faster.
what happened to commuting this year? Bought your fancy bike and now you let your base go to shitz.
Reading the Thursday MTBNJ pain rides, I think that's how we should position the first 20-30 mins of our rides. A few of the rides I've lead I've said to myself, that we're going a good pace and 10 mins later I can feel it. Eventually extend it out to an hour and we'll see everyone improve.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
what happened to commuting this year? Bought your fancy bike and now you let your base go to shitz.
Reading the Thursday MTBNJ pain rides, I think that's how we should position the first 20-30 mins of our rides. A few of the rides I've lead I've said to myself, that we're going a good pace and 10 mins later I can feel it. Eventually extend it out to an hour and we'll see everyone improve.

I'll bring a body bag

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I upgraded the POSS to dropbars and single speed but didn't set up the brakes. Then the fire hit. After that, didn't have a place to finish up the bike <-- excuse
Garage should be finished in a few weeks at which time I need to take a good look at the POSS and make sure it is rideable and no damage done.

My base went to shit from the lack of riding after the fire. The fancy bike is helping me bring it back :p

qclabrat

I'm riding CR from 1:30 to 3:30 today. Just Red, blue and white.
Just a shake down ride with smaller tires.
Time to do some work now....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm riding CR from 1:30 to 3:30 today. Just Red, blue and white.
Just a shake down ride with smaller tires.
Time to do some work now....

i'll be there today a bit after 4:00 in newmans.
do i owe you $$ ? or have anything of yours?
sucks getting old.

Top Bottom