OOS MOGA

i need to be at a baseball game on saturday morning at 8:00 - so can't do sat. Sunday i need to be at the field at 10:15.
Grrr. was hoping to be there for this. Could get you up the mountain with an 8am start on sunday. Otherwise I'll leave it to Rick.
Or maybe @blackburn1973 is available as tour guide?

Sourlands?
Yes please!

I've been to Sourlands once and sure we can navigate through it, as its basically a clockwise circle. Only tough part could be knowing the the right lines to get through the boulders. Woke up with pain again this morning, but that's probably because of 15hrs of yard work yesterday. I'll need assess as the week progresses. Also need to pick up my kid at camp on Sunday and I might have a contractor coming on Saturday. Even if the weekend falls through. I'd like to at least give a maiden ride of the new bike at Nassau or Chimney on Friday. Though it still needs to be put together...

I've been to Sourlands once and sure we can navigate through it, as its basically a clockwise circle. Only tough part could be knowing the the right lines to get through the boulders. Woke up with pain again this morning, but that's probably because of 15hrs of yard work yesterday. I'll need assess as the week progresses. Also need to pick up my kid at camp on Sunday and I might have a contractor coming on Saturday. Even if the weekend falls through. I'd like to at least give a maiden ride of the new bike at Nassau or Chimney on Friday. Though it still needs to be put together...
New bike is all set up? Cool!
Let's bang it up at Sourland!

New bike is all set up? Cool!
Let's bang it up at Sourland!
not even close, just put on the DVO Topaz shock, but it looks pretty sweet. It was a toss up between that and the CreekDB.
Still need to remove the XX1 parts from the Bandit and put on the bling brakes. Also started to build the Hadley wheels this weekend, but something ain't right, thinking to just give them to JimV, but I hate admitting failure...

Where is sourlands? I have read about it but never looked for it,
Somerset county near 6MR
http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/parksfacilities/sourland/sourlandmtpreserve.html

like the North Jersey parks, but for us down south don't need to drive an hour
1531744812604.png

Somerset county near 6MR
http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/parksfacilities/sourland/sourlandmtpreserve.html

like the North Jersey parks, but for us down south don't need to drive an hour
View attachment 72768

Like North Jersey in that it has plenty of rock. But has its own personality. Large boulders and rock formation with multiple lines. Only been here once and it was really fun. Wish I could hit Sourlands with the OOS group, but headed to VT this weekend and hopefully not killing or maiming myself.

Sourlands… mtbnj trail directory says... "Do not bring your carbon bike here"
Looks like there are going to be tons of pedal strikes.
Should I take the beater bike?

you could go it without a guide, it will a vanilla climb with lots of rocks.
do not descend the north side, come back down the old trail (south of pipeline cut) - even if you climb up to the boulders, maybe come down the middle (it is north of the pipeline cut) - it was reworked over the last couple years to remove the fall line trail. much fun.

bring a guide to unlock the magic lines!

i'll provide some strava goodness.

Sourlands… mtbnj trail directory says... "Do not bring your carbon bike here"
Looks like there are going to be tons of pedal strikes.
Should I take the beater bike?

no - you will be fine.

no - you will be fine.
Just saw the video Walter posted.
I guess I am going to need to put in some extra air at the shock.

Also looks like it wont be a park we will just simply ride thru and I get the feeling we are going to try some sections multiple times.
Should plan to have some ample time scheduled in.

I feel some OTB's.... we're gonna die

Last edited:
To make the most of your days..

You guys should rode from 6mile-canal tow path-sourland route or vice versa
Park one of your SAG wagon or cars at either end then go from there should be good for a days out to hot three parks in one ride

Don't go big climb first,save that for the end of the ride down.

Back
Top Bottom