OOS MOGA

Tim

aka sptimmy43
doing quarter turns I can get it working right but then it does the same thing in the other direction, I think my derailleur is bent

I think you are on the right track. I just had a similar issue and it ended up being a bent derailleur.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Wish I could but don't think the wife is having it today.

It's cool a lot of climbing but a good quick ride I might drop out of the 31 days for the sake of my wife

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180709-180336.png
    Screenshot_20180709-180336.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20180709_165945366_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180709_165945366_HDR.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 77

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No throwing the wife under the bus! You ride when it does not inconvenience her if that is what is needed.....
Take her for a ride on the columbia trail, and get ice cream in califon. or beer in long valley, or nice dinner in high bridge.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
No throwing the wife under the bus! You ride when it does not inconvenience her if that is what is needed.....
Take her for a ride on the columbia trail, and get ice cream in califon. or beer in long valley, or nice dinner in high bridge.

She refused to get on a bike and biking time takes away from productive time.

Rollin Dice

@ReggieHammond @jdgang
Another shout out to you guys for the proper tour. Pace was just right - checking in with everybody frequently. You guys were excellent hosts.

I have to check the upcoming weekends for Wawayanda tour. I know next weekend is all spoken for with time constraints, but will look further out.
I concur, cant thank you guys enough had a great time. thanks @jdgang for the pointers. can't wait for the next time

Patrick

Staff member
She refused to get on a bike and biking time takes away from productive time.

@Mountain Bike Mike had the best justification you could use if it is the truth.
"this is important to me" - if it really is, and you support things that are important to her, then
your willingness to minimize its impact is your part, understanding is hers.

Sure, something might not get painted. But the dishes will get done, and the clothes folded, etc.
If you are in a business together, and that is the challenge, you'll just have to stay up later, or get up earlier.

i've come out of these july challenges in the past (i've been close to completing) in much better shape than the start.
Mostly because it is always on the mind.

And i think my relationship with my wife is better, cause we talk about personal goals as a part of family goals.

caveat: be very careful when using this to buy a new bike. gucci > carbon fs.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
@fidodie it really isn't that bad its just I've got a lot of demands coming from other not so flexible places and getting out early is hard when I do all my maintenance after dinner. Mulching isn't fun at 2am when you are getting up at 6am but I do what I can and riding everyday is quite the balancing act.

Mountain Bike Mike

@Mountain Bike Mike had the best justification you could use if it is the truth.
"this is important to me" - if it really is, and you support things that are important to her, then
your willingness to minimize its impact is your part, understanding is hers.

Sure, something might not get painted. But the dishes will get done, and the clothes folded, etc.
If you are in a business together, and that is the challenge, you'll just have to stay up later, or get up earlier.

i've come out of these july challenges in the past (i've been close to completing) in much better shape than the start.
Mostly because it is always on the mind.

And i think my relationship with my wife is better, cause we talk about personal goals as a part of family goals.

caveat: be very careful when using this to buy a new bike. gucci > carbon fs.

Hey.... what did I miss?

.....if you truly want something, you’ll figure out a way to make time to make it happen.

Patrick

Staff member
Hey.... what did I miss?

.....if you truly want something, you’ll figure out a way to make time to make it happen.

couple years ago, you posted something that really rang true. If you really want to do something,
and it is something your spouse doesn't do, just explain it is important. And that there are priorities that
will be respected, but there will be commitment and sacrifice (that was the unstated part)

when your kids see you podium a race, how huge is that.
when coaching, and taking someone from hesitant to confident - incredible satisfaction.
it takes time, it takes commitment, and it is important.

i'm looking to finish a marathon. It is taking its toll because of fatigue. but my kid checks my strava,
and sees a 13 mile training run. I don't talk about it, but he asks, so good stuff. he is 15, and
other than boobs, i'm not always sure what he is thinking.....

@arangov3 - trying to motivate and giving you some tools. totally understand if this isn't the year - just hoping that the nudge will get you out there.

qclabrat

So what's the deal for this weekend?
July 14: Chimney Rock (ride leader @@Kangdoy ?)
July 21/22: Sourlands (guest guides either @@rick81721 or @@fidodie ?)
July 28/29: Mahlon Dickerson need guide
Aug 4/5: KSVP need guide
Aug 11/12: Wildcat (@@JimN wants to show you his backyard)
Aug 18/19: Jungle (@@Mr.Moto know this place well, also the get well soon ride for Eric)
Aug 25/26: Clayton (haha, just a bone for you southerners, sucks you have to drive so far north every weekend)
Sept 1/2: Wawayanda (this is the one park I want to put in the bucket this year or Ringwood, @@huffster mentioned potentially able to lead)
Sept 8/9: Allaire (finally willing to take the GSP South below Perth Amboy, local guide needed)

qclabrat

@rick81721 @fidodie
are you guys up for hosting Sourlands the following weekend?
I'm not sure I'll be ready, but setting it up for the rest of the crew.

I'll be gone for 4 weekends so, next ride for me would be Clayton, or Deer Park since it was skipped earlier

Top Bottom