OOS MOGA

wanna a lightweight carbon bike, 100mm is closer to my want, but the Blur is probably too racy for me. Looking for a bike in the 20s in weight
If you're looking for an FS at 100mm and light, it's probably gonna be racey. It takes a lot of money to get to 20lbs.

Since everything you’ve done so far is leading up to it...all the XC races are getting more and more techie. Best choice is dump most of the other bikes, get a b+ carbon small travel trail bike (120-30), with a pike or fox 34 (for the gnar) with a flip chip to change the character depending on use case. Then add 2nd wheelset (carbon 29) for when you want/need to go fast. In race mode it’ll be about 23-24lbs depending on which hub you use.
Race mode in OOS thread.... :shrug:
Yo no se

So Walt your telling us you want some Jeffsy in you life? That's what you seem to be describing! Are you looking carbon HT or FS.
nah, too much travel, I'm sticking with the Banshee for that type of riding

Since everything you’ve done so far is leading up to it...all the XC races are getting more and more techie. Best choice is dump most of the other bikes, get a b+ carbon small travel trail bike (120-30), with a pike or fox 34 (for the gnar) with a flip chip to change the character depending on use case. Then add 2nd wheelset (carbon 29) for when you want/need to go fast. In race mode it’ll be about 23-24lbs depending on which hub you use.
the void is between a rigid hardtail (Carver) and the AM FS (Banshee)
The 120mm Transition I had was kind of an awkward beast. Too much at some parks and not enough at others. 110mm travel seems to be the perfect amount for parks like Nassau and LewMo, if I don't want big tires.

If you're looking for an FS at 100mm and light, it's probably gonna be racey. It takes a lot of money to get to 20lbs.
nope, closer to 23-4ish
The Intense Sniper is about that and has slacker HT than the Blur
Jay hinted that there will be a TB4 coming out soon, but the TB3 is 27 pounds and interested to see if they will drop below 25

Every time you think that you need different travel for every park, think all the guys riding rigid singlespeeds. If and when I get the Blur, that thing is being ridden everywhere.

Someone get me a 1980s trek 950

I want to be out of shape and under equipped

Every time you think that you need different travel for every park, think all the guys riding rigid singlespeeds. If and when I get the Blur, that thing is being ridden everywhere.
that's cause you race, we don't, we're OOS bro

1537538840310.png

Look @ the Carbon Trek Stache 9.7

Many people race the non carbon Stache as well.

Carbon = under equipped, who knew lol.

When I tore off my derailure I was on a early 2k giant with an 80mm fork. I kinda want to see if I can go full ridged 26 for less intense parks. It was fun riding such a basic bike

Ignorance is bliss in my case. I think I would be very happy with my current Hightower as my main rig and a 29er HT for parks like 6MR and etc. And if I can switch wheels between the Hightower and the 29er, that's just icing on the cake.

I think Kangdoy has it best with the Farley

Now I wish I still had my Trek 4300. Rode a few trails at Mount Killington years ago. And at my parents house in Boston, I believe the Trek I used to ride when I was 14 is still there. I want to say it was the Trek 6000 or the 6500. I'll have to take some pictures when I'm there on Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom