Out of Shape Group Rides - Take me to your park!

C8N

So... let's start a new thread.... kind of a continuation from the Beginner Group Ride thread but if you don't want to be called out as one, this is it.

For those weekend warriors where the pace is that of the slowest rider and where coughing up a lung is optional and you will not be frowned upon. You will be treated with encouragement and empathy instead. Need a break? there will be plenty. Just say when.

It would be awesome if we can take turns to introduce your stomping grounds to the rest of us and lead the ride.

Beginners are welcomed but will encourage to study the park a bit to see if it is something you would like to tackle. If uncertain, ask plenty of questions.

This is not my thread.... this is OUR thread so post away.

Here is the schedule

5/5 Sat: Nassau at 8AM with @qclabrat & @Rollin Dice
5/6 Sun: Stephens with @arangov3 ?
5/12 Sat: Allaire with @qclabrat ?

5/13 Sun: Ringwood??
5/20 Sun: Stephens State Park at 9AM with @ReggieHammond
5/26 Sat: MTBNJ Nassau Group Ride

June 2: Lewis Morris (Sunrise Lot 8AM)
6/10: Stephens State Park at 9AM with @ReggieHammond
June 17: Six Mile
June 23/24: Tourne (Saturday leader @@arangov3)
June 30: High Mountain @Mtbdog leading and @C8N "weeping"
July 1: Lewis Morris (ride leader @@Mr. E Man ?)
July 4: Deer Park (special birth of our nation ride) with @jackx 40.887921, -74.814155 Lot 1 Main parking area 8AM
July 8: Stephens with @ReggieHammond
July 15: Chimney Rock (ride leader @@Kangdoy ?)
July 21/22: Sourlands (guest guides either @@rick81721 or @@fidodie ?)
July 28/29: Mahlon Dickerson need guide
Aug 4/5: KSVP need guide
Aug 11/12: Wildcat (@@JimN wants to show you his backyard)
Aug 18/19: Jungle (@@Mr.Moto know this place well, also the get well soon ride for Eric)
Aug 25/26: Clayton (haha, just a bone for you southerners, sucks you have to drive so far north every weekend)
Sept 1/2: Wawayanda (this is the one park I want to put in the bucket this year or Ringwood, @@huffster mentioned potentially able to lead)
Sept 8/9: Allaire (finally willing to take the GSP South below Perth Amboy, local guide needed)

Last edited:

Mtbdog

I will be at Lew Mo that weekend but I'm volunteering for the NICA race both days. After like 3pm Saturday is possible. More than willing to lead a ride.

C8N

I will be at Lew Mo that weekend but I'm volunteering for the NICA race both days. After like 3pm Saturday is possible. More than willing to lead a ride.
Oh right... you did mention NICA at LewMo.
Prolly best to avoid LewMo then. Don't want to create a road block for those kids.

C8N

Only a few minutes and we already have 2 options for the weekend. MTBNJ community is just too awesome!
Let's make the call by Wednesday. Post up where we want to ride!

Mtbdog

After 3pm the course will be marked and we will still have half the park or more to ride. The park will still be fine as not that formal, more of an open practice. And yes we break our faces and our arses! Will need a good guide for that one. I should be ready for Wildcat by 2020!☺

C8N

After 3pm the course will be marked and we will still have half the park or more to ride. The park will still be fine as not that formal, more of an open practice. And yes we break our faces and our arses! Will need a good guide for that one. I should be ready for Wildcat by 2020!☺
@JimN is a good guide for Wildcat... well for a lot of the NNJ parks. He actually introduced me to HM. I am also intimated with Wildcat but its a park I would like to hit this season. Plus... there is no shame in hiking a bike which I am an expert at. :)

BPaze

I usually avoid group rides because I am terribly out of shape, but this sounds like it could be my pace and my attempt to join on a couple rides. I usually ride Tourne when I get out during the week and Lew Mo, but probably don't know them well enough to guide. I just started riding after not touching a bike for 20 years. I also ride Ringwood and various parts of Allamuchy when time permits on weekends, love those parks. As long as I have a babysitter I will try to make it.

Mtbdog

Evening rides at Tourne are definitely on the agenda! Tuesday or Wednesday could be a start. I can put a loop together, I usually start at the McCaffrey Lane lot.

C8N

I usually avoid group rides because I am terribly out of shape, but this sounds like it could be my pace and my attempt to join on a couple rides. I usually ride Tourne when I get out during the week and Lew Mo, but probably don't know them well enough to guide. I just started riding after not touching a bike for 20 years. I also ride Ringwood and various parts of Allamuchy when time permits on weekends, love those parks. As long as I have a babysitter I will try to make it.
Even suffering can be fun when done as a group
:thumbsup: