Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My usual Sat morning road ride... except upon entering Franklin Lakes.... there were less cars... and cops and ppl wearing green vests. Ppl in green vests were guiding me and I am like.... thank you? I know my way? Then all of a sudden I see 3 cyclists making a turn and I yield by giving them space. Oh.... must be some sort of a race but they weren't particularly fast. I am holding the rear wheel of one of slower ones and then 2 women cyclists pass me. Thinking if I put a little bit more effort I can keep up but didn't want to waste my legs as I still have 1 climb coming up and wanted to conserve. I see more ppl in green vests motioning me to take a turn but I need to go straight. I am like.... Fred here.... I aint a part of this race... can't you tell?!?! lol

Came home and search for a race in Franklin Lakes and sure enough... Wyckoff/Franklin Lakes Triathlon was happening. I guess it makes sense why they weren't all that fast. Prolly they already did another event.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2451520982

Last edited:

JerseyPete

My usual Sat morning road ride... except upon entering Franklin Lakes.... there were less cars... and cops and ppl wearing green vests. Ppl in green vests were guiding me and I am like.... thank you? I know my way? Then all of a sudden I see 3 cyclists making a turn and I yield by giving them space. Oh.... must be some sort of a race but they weren't particularly fast. I am holding the rear wheel of one of slower ones and then 2 women cyclists pass me. Thinking if I put a little bit more effort I can keep up but didn't want to waste my legs as I still have 1 climb coming up and wanted to conserve. I see more ppl in green vests motioning me to take a turn but I need to go straight. I am like.... Fred here.... I aint a part of this race... can't you tell?!?! lol

Came home and search for a race in Franklin Lakes and sure enough... Wyckoff/Franklin Lakes Triathlon was happening. I guess it makes sense why they weren't all that fast. Prolly they already did another event.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2451520982
That's great! You should have hung in and when you crossed the finish line start celebrating!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Wolfjon
Steerer measures 7 1/8
20190618_183042.jpg

20190618_183053.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Going to change the bar on the Crux to a wider one. Currently has 420 and going wider with 440.
Prolly not the smartest thing to do before a long ride next weekend but... I aint too bright to begin with.

Had the bar for a couple of months but was hesitating due to the internal routing on the drop bar. Didn't want to cut the hydro brake line but I'll just run the brake hose externally.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thinking of doing tour de Liong without the camelbak. 2 water bottle cages with 2 Gatorade in the jersey back pockets. Other nutrient items in the back pockets as well and wear a fanny pack. Pretty sure ill buy more drinks along the way. Already have a saddle bag for tubes and tools. Thinking keeping the upper body light would help my back handle the long saddle time better?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just took apart the drivetrain on the Crux and cleaned anything and everything the chain touches... including the chain of course.
I can't remember when the cassette on the Crux was this clean.
Name of the game for Tour de Liong is no mechanicals!
Bio-mechanical is acceptable unfortunately.... can't do crap about genetics... :(
20190705_122725.jpg

Top Bottom