Fearless OOS Poser
Damn titanium... snapped my drill bit
20190611_203141.jpg

Hightower is now prolly like... 18lbs!
20190611_203204.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
supposed to use titanium drivers on ti bolts....:D
One of the reasons I wanted to use titanium rotor bolts was because being a lazy guy... I tend to use my drill and have stripped a bolt or two. Hands shaky from all the drinking lately lol
Not that changing rotors is something I do often... but I wanted to throw out money. Anyways... never thought I would snap a drill bit tho.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
One of the reasons I wanted to use titanium rotor bolts was because being a lazy guy... I tend to use my drill and have stripped a bolt or two. Hands shaky from all the drinking lately lol
Not that changing rotors is something I do often... but I wanted to throw out money. Anyways... never thought I would snap a drill bit tho.

They ARE pretty doe.....,

TimBay

Do you set the torque on your drill?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Pulled out the headset bolt and saw that it was rusty.
Ordered titanium bolts for the headset and stem. Someone shoot me now!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

I would rather strip a bolt over a hole on a hub, pulling threads isn't fun and and I would hate to see you try to put a helicoil on your fork or for your drop out to save your frame

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I would rather strip a bolt over a hole on a hub, pulling threads isn't fun and and I would hate to see you try to put a helicoil on your fork or for your drop out to save your frame
What am I missing? What did I do to the fork and/or dropouts that might potentially require a helicoii?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
What am I missing? What did I do to the fork and/or dropouts that might potentially require a helicoii?

Just me being a worry wart, going to Ti bolts and gunning them in I'm afraid you might pull your mounting holes threads out. You'll have to trash the part or hope you can helitheard the part.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just me being a worry wart, going to Ti bolts and gunning them in I'm afraid you might pull your mounting holes threads out. You'll have to trash the part or hope you can helitheard the part.
IC... yeah.... fortunately, the axles are too expensive for me to buy lol
As for the headset bolt... you can punch out the nut easily enough thru to the bottom of the steerer. Yes.... I have done this. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom