Book of Paul H

Are you a dropper post convert?
Very much so, it took maybe 6 months to really embrace it but I can’t see riding without it now, especially for hard cornering, descending and technical sections. Also when a trail has berms, jumps and rollers, there is really no comparison to riding that stuff with a lower seat. And my son likes it because he can ride my bike, haha. He recently got one and it is changing his riding too.

So, is the whole set bike on fire thing because of your misfortune? I'm just putting this together, I think. That, or you just got sick of the Giant bikes (except the Talon, for obvious reasons. Thing's hawt), and you know...F+1. JK, that whole ordeal probably sucked. Fire bad.
Lol.... nah.... the fire thing started way before my incident.
Ironically? Unfortunately? I think I was trying to sell the Talon at the time and wasn't riding it much. Hence, it was in storage which is why it survived.

Man, Paul, taking this fire thing way too seriously.

Too soon?
Toon soon only because my insurance would prolly kick my ass out if there is another claim from me. lol
They paid out more than $30k and from what I understand, they were not able to go after the dude that started the fire. I don't really know the details but I couldn't get back my deductible.

Toon soon only because my insurance would prolly kick my ass out if there is another claim from me. lol
They paid out more than $30k and from what I understand, they were not able to go after the dude that started the fire. I don't really know the details but I couldn't get back my deductible.

i think you need to get details because going after the guy that started the fire should be no problem, he did something stupid and he (well probably his insurance) needs to make it right . . . . .

i think you need to get details because going after the guy that started the fire should be no problem, he did something stupid and he (well probably his insurance) needs to make it right . . . . .
What I do know is that the dude was renting the unit and he (not the owner) did not have renters insurance.
When I asked about my deductible, the insurance said I would need to go after the renter via small claims but they could not, legally, release his information to me

What I do know is that the dude was renting the unit and he (not the owner) did not have renters insurance.
When I asked about my deductible, the insurance said I would need to go after the renter via small claims but they could not, legally, release his information to me

that sucks, probably cost you more in lawyer fees than your deductible was :(

Very much so, it took maybe 6 months to really embrace it but I can’t see riding without it now, especially for hard cornering, descending and technical sections. Also when a trail has berms, jumps and rollers, there is really no comparison to riding that stuff with a lower seat. And my son likes it because he can ride my bike, haha. He recently got one and it is changing his riding too.

I recently put on on the Scalpel (after having one on the RIP since last year) and I can't imagine going back. Six Mile was 200% better with this, funny enough. The Twisties are so much better now. And every jump, berm, anything - just so much more fun/enjoyable. The descending is obvious, but hadn't realized how much better everything else becomes. Was just curious what your experience was.

I recently put on on the Scalpel (after having one on the RIP since last year) and I can't imagine going back. Six Mile was 200% better with this, funny enough. The Twisties are so much better now. And every jump, berm, anything - just so much more fun/enjoyable. The descending is obvious, but hadn't realized how much better everything else becomes. Was just curious what your experience was.

I guess I'm trying this dropper thing again with the Blur TR. Hopefully it doesn't break every 6 months like the one I had on the Horsethief

I guess I'm trying this dropper thing again with the Blur TR. Hopefully it doesn't break every 6 months like the one I had on the Horsethief
I personally didn’t have any issues with the reverb stealth over around 300 hours, however I did switch to a Fox.

How old is your son now? Haven't see your family pics for a while, but seems like they were little not too long ago

which dropper did you have on the horsethief? I just pulled all my reverbs for cable actuated ones

How old is your son now? Haven't see your family pics for a while, but seems like they were little not too long ago
He is 12, girls are only 4
730CBB47-B333-4E65-B6FD-99AB9F408200.jpeg

@rick81721 had a rock shock reverb. It is simply annoying that you have to deal with the hydraulic line. With the cable ones so easy to work on at home. The RS ones are also really affected by the cold, like takes forever to come back up, even if you have the gate full open. I got the fox transfer in January and the functionality was never affected by the cold

The crew I usually ride with tells me every ride to get a dropper. The dropper is important but so is the modern slack geometry. My Turner is a trail bike but with a cross country head angle and long chain stay which is the exact opposite of the modern bikes. I threw a leg over a Stump Jumper at Graham Hills this weekend and the geometry felt like a motocross dirt bike. Amazing how far bikes have progressed in the past 4-5 years.

The crew I usually ride with tells me every ride to get a dropper.

Yeah, they pestered me for years. I was perfectly fine without it. I am now perfectly fine with it.

As opposed to the majority, I think what I am doing is good for me, at least today - but that may not be good for you, today. Tomorrow I may change my mind and @rick81721 does bring up a good point. They break a lot. Tomorrow you may buy my dropper.

Back
Top Bottom