Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Talon is taking shape!
20190416_200531.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just dropped off the Hightower at Wyckoff for fork and shock service.
No FS bike for at least til, hopefully, next Saturday. If I decide to ride the chunks.... OTB here I come and whoever is riding with me, better have your cameras ready.

qclabrat

First ride on the RDO today.
9 PR's at Nassau. I am officially a weight weenie wannabe.
still looking for a full review, did you find it too steep compared to the other bikes? Plans for tweaks?
How'd you do on log overs, downhills sections, switchbacks, etc? Were most PRs from climbs?

serviceguy

Intended seat post is carbon so didn't want to use that on the stand.

Errr.... now he tells me. Ok... from this moment forward, HB will be my go to LBS.

You should really try their concierge service...sounds fancy!

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
still looking for a full review, did you find it too steep compared to the other bikes? Plans for tweaks?
How'd you do on log overs, downhills sections, switchbacks, etc? Were most PRs from climbs?
I kinda did....
Only thing I might change is the stem. I need more time on the bike but at Nassau, I didn't feel uncomfortable.

@Victor I
Will address your strava question here.
I will prolly state the obvious but the RDO on flats and climbs felt great. My wimpy legs are pretty sensitive to weight and definitely benefited from the 23lbs. I was running late so wasn't able to grab breakfast but didn't really experience fatigue too much. But when the trail pointed down, I was missing the Hightower. The narrower bars had me taking the turns faster and I usually have issues on the switchbacks. Not on the RDO. The feel is very different and there is more weight going to the front. On the first log over, mentally i couldn't do it. It's something i would have plowed over on the Hightower but on the RDO, fistful of brakes. But once I got used to it, really didn't have issues. My butt is usually glued to the saddle when pedaling but I did notice I was getting off the saddle more. Not sure why but my suspicion is that it's because @Mathers was on my rear honking at me.

mstyer

everyone is riding the same course,
your chain came off because of the crap stuck to the bike, and FS. happens.
the first race is a shocker when the horn goes off, and hell, those people are racing.
now you know.

a race gives you a reason to ride without stopping. (i actually stopped and let the 4th place crazy through)

the vibe for the h2h races is different, because it is an all-day affair. more people and classes to deal with.
if the short track series worked out, and you did all three, you'd be rocking it by the last one, and looking forward to
doing a couple more.

My first short track in sport, @muddybike and @mstyer passed me twice in the same race.

It's so weird logging in for the first time in weeks, if not months, and seeing myself tagged as being at a race that I wasn't actually at. Giving me credit for keeping up with @muddybike should've been the first clue.....I'm nowhere near as fast as her!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's so weird logging in for the first time in weeks, if not months, and seeing myself tagged as being at a race that I wasn't actually at. Giving me credit for keeping up with @muddybike should've been the first clue.....I'm nowhere near as fast as her!

Could have sworn i saw you in the results, but can't find it now.
My bad.....

(aren't many here that are as fast as Kristine...)

Top Bottom