Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
You fatigue on the Hightower because of how inefficient it pedals vs the RDO. 2 completely different bikes. If you rode a 30+ pound hardtail it would ride faster than the Hightower at Nassau. Although at Chimney Rock that Hightower is going to be faster than the RDO all day. If you have a lightweight Hightower it would climb faster but you may have to expend more energy keeping it straight through rock gardens, it's a balance. And there's definitely a point of demising returns.
Would it be fair to say... that since XX1 Reserve build is the most expensive of the Hightower's that 26.53lbs would be the optimal weight or close to the optimal weight for the Hightower? If so.... what weight of the rider are they basing this on? Or does that not matter? Should I pose these questions on Ask @Norm Tuesday thread instead?

TimBay

Yes and I have the location, we can do that fire road climb up at Ringwood the Liong filmed 1 handed as he blew by all of us. That should kick all our arses, but not until I upgrade my drivetrain and chain ring
Err, I believe we said flat and 2 minutes. Haha. Paul has to ride his HighT though since the RDO makes him the fastest man alive.

BPaze

Err, I believe we said flat and 2 minutes. Haha. Paul has to ride his HighT though since the RDO makes him the fastest man alive.

Flat is too boring I want to either suffer going uphill or punish myself going downhill. I have seen Paul crush some tough short punchy climbs so that hill would be fun but prob more than 2 minutes tbh

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Flat is too boring I want to either suffer going uphill or punish myself going downhill. I have seen Paul crush some tough short punchy climbs so that hill would be fun but prob more than 2 minutes tbh
So... when are we going to Ringwood?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Would it be fair to say... that since XX1 Reserve build is the most expensive of the Hightower's that 26.53lbs would be the optimal weight or close to the optimal weight for the Hightower? If so.... what weight of the rider are they basing this on? Or does that not matter? Should I pose these questions on Ask @Norm Tuesday thread instead?

That's probably as light as that thing will get and still make it out of the woods in one piece.

serviceguy

Where do I buy one?

You should ask this guy...
box-hill-walk-surrey-04.jpg

...and I rode this guy once so it's not too far fetched...SS too!
ob_d3347a_solex-side-2.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
You should ask this guy...
View attachment 92980
...and I rode this guy once so it's not too far fetched...SS too!View attachment 92981
The one on the bottom is a Puch. If you wanted to ride it as a bike, you would flip the lever to lift the engine off the front wheel. I did not care for it as a bike or a moped. As a bike it was just OK for flat surfaces but too heavy. As a moped you had to take an easy in the turns and keep a good grip on the bars for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom