Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Shiet.... look at that....
20190321_204536.jpg

serviceguy

sorry but I had to post it, this thing is awesome. That is the fork you should go for!

Unfortunately I could not find a single internal routing dropper post example. You should try and route it down the seat tube, over the bb housing and up the down tube.

Air-9-Rdo-frame-profile.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Looks like you should be able to route it under the bottom bracket housing, yes?
Yes sir but It seem like its going to be a bitch to fish it out at the other end.
The space is pretty tight and I was able to start it going down the seat tube but couldn't do it going up

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yes sir but It seem like its going to be a bitch to fish it out at the other end.
The space is pretty tight and I was able to start it going down the seat tube but couldn't do it going up

What is the difference? Pull it through with the what is fished through. ??

Mr.Moto

I saw a video of someone using thread and a vacuum to get a leader through to the hole. He tied the thread to the end of the housing and pushed / pulled it all the way through.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What is the difference? Pull it through with the what is fished through. ??
The hole is smaller at the down tube end

I saw a video of someone using thread and a vacuum to get a leader through to the hole. He tied the thread to the end of the housing and pushed / pulled it all the way through.
Last time I messed up on my defunct Trance, magnet did the trick. But I think this RDO is a lot easier to work with especially with that opening at the bottom.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I am thinking green cable housing for the RDO
and I keep forgetting to order the brake hose! Sleepy now....

serviceguy

I don't see it, it looks to me there's more space above the BB housing than under, and the turn would be less sharp ad possibly easier to manage. Vacuum is one possibility, or you can use a thin piece of iron connected to a thin string, then use a magnet to pull it through the tubing. I think the Park Tool routing system works like that.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
You guys must have x ray vision... cuz I can't see what's in there or how it's shaped

Last edited:
Top Bottom