Book of Paul H

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I emailed them last night and waiting for a reply.

Dirtrag
"The bike’s rear gets 148 x 12 mm Boost spacing and, while the seatpost size is only 27.2, the frame is internal dropper post compatible."

Singletracks
"Niner also touts internal dropper post routing on the frame, although with a 27.2 post size, your options will be limited."

Even Jensen advertise this as Internal dropper post compatible. It is mentioned with Di2... so maybe you do need to make a hole at the Di2 spot?
View attachment 90738

Anyways... will see what Niner has to say.

electronic actuated dropper?

and you don't need one. although i could use a $200 carbon post for my build - that $35 one scares me a bit.

Mr.Moto

I emailed them last night and waiting for a reply.

Dirtrag
"The bike’s rear gets 148 x 12 mm Boost spacing and, while the seatpost size is only 27.2, the frame is internal dropper post compatible."

Singletracks
"Niner also touts internal dropper post routing on the frame, although with a 27.2 post size, your options will be limited."

Even Jensen advertise this as Internal dropper post compatible. It is mentioned with Di2... so maybe you do need to make a hole at the Di2 spot?
View attachment 90738

Anyways... will see what Niner has to say.

I'll txt the local Niner rep (my neighbor) and see if he knows.

Patrick

Staff member
Meh. I have a Bontrager xXx 31.6 in the car that’s looking for a home (out of my house).:mad:

i broke the current AL one, bent it off at the seat clamp - so i got out my pipe cutter, took off the top 2" and jammed the clamp assembly back on.
so it is lighter than stock!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Okay, so the local rep says that you should be able to do it (dropper on the RDO). The cable goes down the seat tube, over the bottom bracket and up the down tube. Better to install before the bottom bracket.
But the BB shell is a solid cylinder. There are no holes that leads to the seat tube or the down tube.

BPaze

Okay, so the local rep says that you should be able to do it (dropper on the RDO). The cable goes down the seat tube, over the bottom bracket and up the down tube. Better to install before the bottom bracket.
@Paul H Just have the shop do both while it's in for the BB

qclabrat

There is a opening at the bottom and I half assedily?? poked in a cable in there to see if it will lead up to the seat tube but nothing.
Maybe @Magic is right and at the very least, I will return the dropper and get a carbon seat post. I thought I saw a RDO spec'ed with a dropper but I couldn't find one on the Niner website. If I need to go fixed, is there anything special about the RDO seat post as opposed to their regular carbon seat posts? $80 difference for 30grams
View attachment 90722
No one here knows the bike better than Niner, how is their communication?

Mr.Moto

But the BB shell is a solid cylinder. There are no holes that leads to the seat tube or the down tube.

Hmm. No slot in the shell at all between the seat tube and down tube? How about the bottom bracket?

Aren't you suppose to be able to run cable internally in this frame? Where does that go?

I'll have to check back with the Rep.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hmm. No slot in the shell at all between the seat tube and down tube? How about the bottom bracket?

Aren't you suppose to be able to run cable internally in this frame? Where does that go?

I'll have to check back with the Rep.
There is an opening at the bottom and I can see how the FD cable is routed which has an opening/hole on top of the BB shell and the RD cable also runs thru here
I poked around in there with a cable to see if there is access to the seat tube but no luck.

Just got a response from Niner and they are saying it can be access thru that opening and round the BB shell. I guess I need to try this again.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Dang. Not home.

E991E62F-BC06-43A6-93BD-7DE4A9B389D3.jpeg

Top Bottom