Book of Paul H

BPaze

Think of it like putting a snow plow on a Maserati. Sure it might push some snow but it's just wrong on so many levels.
Gotta be honest I don't think you would get the front end off the ground if you did that!!!! Oh wait they have an SUV now, my bad LOL

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
PS cutting a ride short and riding 7 miles home in clown bike mode (seat all the way down) = no fun.
I hear ya... the dropper on my Hightower went cuckoo at the Circle at HM right before a climb
Had to send out an SOS on mtbnj to get that thing fixed because there was no way I was going to do that climb as a clown.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Dammit!! GX Eagle is out of stock and they wont have it until the end of April....
I guess the RDO wont be ready in time for ST and I can take my time with components...

serviceguy

Rick... thank you. You helped me on this. Going with a dropper! lol

JK! But I am leaning towards the dropper.... like 70/30
Bikes are supposed to be fun and I would want optimal fun factor. But light bikes are fun too..... lol
I think I am losing it o_O

Paul, let me share my experience with the PNW dropper post (which is about the only one that would fit your bike anyway)...I bought the Pine 27.2 105mm (they don't make it anymore, they now make 95mm and 110mm). During the last ride on ice with Vic, Chris and Max the very first time that I slammed my ass on the ice sideways the dropper post shaft rotated due to the impact. I had to make quite the effort to push it back in place but I managed to do so and it has been working without issues since. Soon after I contacted PNW and they confirmed that due to the design of the post (mechanical) it is extremely rare for it to get out of alignment, but if I managed to push it back it would be perfectly safe and fine to ride it. If I wanted a new one to replace it though they would send me a 110mm without any issues. I declined the offer but the excellent customer support made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...I'm not selling mine because a) I still need it on the bike b) while it is considered safe I wouldn't want it to fail on you because of my decision of not replacing it c) I don't think you would want it anyway after knowing what happened to it...but i would definitely recommend one of these for your bike.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Paul, let me share my experience with the PNW dropper post (which is about the only one that would fit your bike anyway)...I bought the Pine 27.2 105mm (they don't make it anymore, they now make 95mm and 110mm). During the last ride on ice with Vic, Chris and Max the very first time that I slammed my ass on the ice sideways the dropper post shaft rotated due to the impact. I had to make quite the effort to push it back in place but I managed to do so and it has been working without issues since. Soon after I contacted PNW and they confirmed that due to the design of the post (mechanical) it is extremely rare for it to get out of alignment, but if I managed to push it back it would be perfectly safe and fine to ride it. If I wanted a new one to replace it though they would send me a 110mm without any issues. I declined the offer but the excellent customer support made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...I'm not selling mine because a) I still need it on the bike b) while it is considered safe I wouldn't want it to fail on you because of my decision of not replacing it c) I don't think you would want it anyway after knowing what happened to it...but i would definitely recommend one of these for your bike.

I remember this I wasn't sure you were getting up but I took a moment to laugh lol

TimBay

Based on all the adds I get from PNW, they really want me to buy their dropper. Seem to have amazing reviews and good to hear their cust sup is on point.

Top Bottom