Book of Paul H

qclabrat

Did you try the Ergon saddles? They’re sized S, M and L and they give you directions on how to size your saddle based on an estimate sizing of your hip bones. I am using the SMC4 and never had issues. That said, being a real OOS I don’t spend enough time on it to be a statistic.
I haven't but can you get an accurate measurement of your sit bones by estimating from the hips?
These are few easy diy methods on YT but are they accurate?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
In my experience, yes. It’s actually how I discovered that the saddle I had been using was just a tad narrow on the road bikes, It’d be fine for 6 months and then start to bother me. Went approx 5mm wider on the SMP saddle (glider to a 209 lite) and the issue was sorted. Glider is still fine for MTB.

serviceguy

@Paul H you should grab these for the HT if you have iscg tabs. Save the ring going over those logs.

https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/one-up-bash-plate-2-pack-10.47103/

They're useless by themselves, he needs the carrier that bolts to the ISCG05 bracket. OneUp selles the bashguard kit including a carrier and 3 actual guards, the installation guide tells that you have to install the one that fits your chain ring then try to sell the remaining two on a local forum...

Last edited:

Mr.Moto

They're useless by themselves, he needs the carrier that bolts to the ISCG05 bracket. OneUp selles the bashguard kit including a carrier and 3 actual guards, the installation guide tells that you have to install the one that fits your chain ring then try to sell the remaining two on a local forum...

Good catch. Didn't realize these were just the skid plates.

qclabrat

What surprise, it’s old news now...I mean, old fake news!
so no ride?
1558703395077.png

serviceguy

I am not sure. My wife is having some eye surgery, and even though it's nothing major she's freaked out nevertheless (I would be too, I dread the thought of having a laser beam poking around my eyes). I'd rather spend time with her so that she's distracted by my annoying behavior and she doesn't think about it. Hopefully Tuesday that goes away...Plus I still need to do the living room sub floor, last weekend I only managed to buy part of the material, I grossly underestimated moving a load of concrete boards from the store shelf to my garage...

qclabrat

I am not sure. My wife is having some eye surgery, and even though it's nothing major she's freaked out nevertheless (I would be too, I dread the thought of having a laser beam poking around my eyes). I'd rather spend time with her so that she's distracted by my annoying behavior and she doesn't think about it. Hopefully Tuesday that goes away...Plus I still need to do the living room sub floor, last weekend I only managed to buy part of the material, I grossly underestimated moving a load of concrete boards from the store shelf to my garage...
I'm cheap that way and all my projects I end up hauling my own stuff. Takes almost all day since I only have a Honda Pilot, and afterwards already good and tired.

serviceguy

I'm cheap that way and all my projects I end up hauling my own stuff. Takes almost all day since I only have a Honda Pilot, and afterwards already good and tired.

If you do lots of projects you may want to consider a trailer. I got mine to use with the Chevy before I had to retire it, I think the Pilot would handle it and it doesn't cost too much to register, it's only a 2000 lbs but not having to figure out how to fit things in the back of the car is priceless. And I hate to put stuff on top of the car.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ok.... RDO BB is creaking like crazy. It's press fit.
It's SRAM DUB cranks. Solution por favor as it's annoying AF!

No fire and no new bike!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Press fit has threads?
I have no idea... I had the BB installed at a LBS. Do I need to take the cranks off? I assume so... errr....

The shells are threaded to each other. Tightening pulls them in. Then bearings go in

Check the ytube. I think the shells get lube and the threads get medium lock. I just look at mine, and don't ride it cause lazy

Top Bottom