Book of Paul H

qclabrat

I never tried a 27.5"...no, actually I did try my wife's bike but that one has other challenges. But I love the 29"s...I road tested the Fug in temporary assembled configuration (I still need to bleed the brakes for good and cut the extra dropper post and shifter cables) and it was...amazing! I tested it going uphill on my street (Cupsaw Ave) and I could not believe how well it pedals, I was on the highest gear all the time and didn't even realized it. It may have to do with the fact that I installed a 28T upfront...Standing on the pedals feels great as opposed to the K2 where it felt...well, I just couldn't do it. The weird fact is that in spite of the seat being at the same height as the K2 I feel so much more 'in' the bike as opposed to being 'on top' of the bike, if that even makes sense. Weird looking at those huge wheels from atop!
What bike wife has?

qclabrat

Anybody ever ordered from Bikesmiths?
Screenshot_20190520-224639.png

TimBay

Where is this found? Thank You.
I've seen a lot of people say the Sunrace 11-46 is a better gearing with less of a jump to the 46. I found the best deals on Bikesmiths for mine I recently purchased. They shipped within the day and got it to me quick. They have 2 options. I think there's a difference of aluminum vs steel for the 2 biggest cogs, but I forget the whole deal. Probably doesn't really matter.

https://www.thebikesmiths.com/search?q=11-46&type=product

TimBay

Anybody ever ordered from Bikesmiths?
View attachment 95756
I just did for my cassette, chain and chainring. I liked them! They sent a notification that they shipped the same day and it got to me in like 3 or 4 business days. No issues. U.S. company based in Wisconsin, I believe.

Edit: I lied. Just looked back at the order. It shipped next day and took about a little over a week to get to me. It just felt quicker than I expected since they warn to give them like 10 business days to ship.

qclabrat

Anybody ever get their ass measured?

I've been working through a few saddles on the touring and gravel bikes and even after doing a number of long rides of 10 plus hours, I'm getting sore spots right on my sit bones. Is a pro fitting necessary or can this be done at home? I've seen the YT vids. I'd like to get a bike fit, but I'm concerned that at the end I'll need to spend another $500+ on parts.

qclabrat

I've seen a lot of people say the Sunrace 11-46 is a better gearing with less of a jump to the 46. I found the best deals on Bikesmiths for mine I recently purchased. They shipped within the day and got it to me quick. They have 2 options. I think there's a difference of aluminum vs steel for the 2 biggest cogs, but I forget the whole deal. Probably doesn't really matter.

https://www.thebikesmiths.com/search?q=11-46&type=product
Sunrace makes 3 grades. I have at least 6 of them for 10 and 11 speeds. They now even have 12 for sram eagle. No one needs 50t.... I haven't even used my 46 yet. 42 has always been enough

mtbiker87

Paul would you know if the Sunrace cassette for sale will fit my M8000 groupset? Thank you. Tires look rad!
It works with 46. Same rear mech as mine and I run the shimano 11-46 with no trouble. Like Paul said though, get a longer chain,which is a good idea anyway when putting on a new cassette.

mtbiker87

I've been working through a few saddles on the touring and gravel bikes and even after doing a number of long rides of 10 plus hours, I'm getting sore spots right on my sit bones. Is a pro fitting necessary or can this be done at home? I've seen the YT vids. I'd like to get a bike fit, but I'm concerned that at the end I'll need to spend another $500+ on parts.
Not officially measured, but my wife sizes it up right before kicking it for spending to much money on bike stuff ?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

DG at HB summit did my last ass-o-meter, and i love my new saddle we picked out.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What you get and for which bike?

can't find the receipt, but phenom pro 143mm seems to ring a bell.

will double check tomorrow.

originally on paragon, now on fatbike. will get another one when i get out there.

qclabrat

Jus
can't find the receipt, but phenom pro 143mm seems to ring a bell.

will double check tomorrow.

originally on paragon, now on fatbike. will get another one when i get out there.
Doesn't matter which, just curious
I've never met a MTB saddle I didn't like. Just my 700c bikes are not working. I road with Selle Italia Turbos for 20 years but in my frail age or different geos they are no longer my go to. Are asses like feet? My feet have changed, cause my 15 yo ski boots are barely comfortable, but I unbuckle them after each run and I'm no longer skiing from open to close any more....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sunrace makes 3 grades. I have at least 6 of them for 10 and 11 speeds. They now even have 12 for sram eagle. No one needs 50t.... I haven't even used my 46 yet. 42 has always been enough
Had a convo with @Kangdoy after he got his Hightower of whether or not he "needs" that 50t.
Both of our answers was a no.... but we both use it. o_O

serviceguy

Did you try the Ergon saddles? They’re sized S, M and L and they give you directions on how to size your saddle based on an estimate sizing of your hip bones. I am using the SMC4 and never had issues. That said, being a real OOS I don’t spend enough time on it to be a statistic.

Top Bottom