Book of Paul H

you think that much difference between 2.8 and 2.6?
shake no.gif

Just went out to check on the tubeless on the Hightower and they are holding air just fine.
Which made me realize... I must really suck at taping rims cuz the 2 wheel set thats came pre-tape, no issues whatsoever. Those where I did the tape job... can't say the same.

27.5"+ or 29" ? Leaning toward 27.5"+
27.5 on the Hightower.
The 29er I bought for the Hightower is now on the RDO.

Tried the 29er on the Hightower and while it totally cured pedal strikes.... I felt like I really had to lean in on the turns. The 27.5 felt more "sporty" to me.
However... I still have not decided on which is better for me. I may try the 29er again on the Hightower sometimes in the future.

Paul would you know if the Sunrace cassette for sale will fit my M8000 groupset? Thank you. Tires look rad!

Paul would you know if the Sunrace cassette for sale will fit my M8000 groupset? Thank you. Tires look rad!
Shimano says 46T Max but I've seen people use 5OT just fine while others didn't work out. I wanted to get the 50T but I think 46 was more than enough. What are you using now?

27.5 on the Hightower.
The 29er I bought for the Hightower is now on the RDO.

Tried the 29er on the Hightower and while it totally cured pedal strikes.... I felt like I really had to lean in on the turns. The 27.5 felt more "sporty" to me.
However... I still have not decided on which is better for me. I may try the 29er again on the Hightower sometimes in the future.

I never tried a 27.5"...no, actually I did try my wife's bike but that one has other challenges. But I love the 29"s...I road tested the Fug in temporary assembled configuration (I still need to bleed the brakes for good and cut the extra dropper post and shifter cables) and it was...amazing! I tested it going uphill on my street (Cupsaw Ave) and I could not believe how well it pedals, I was on the highest gear all the time and didn't even realized it. It may have to do with the fact that I installed a 28T upfront...Standing on the pedals feels great as opposed to the K2 where it felt...well, I just couldn't do it. The weird fact is that in spite of the seat being at the same height as the K2 I feel so much more 'in' the bike as opposed to being 'on top' of the bike, if that even makes sense. Weird looking at those huge wheels from atop!

Shimano says 46T Max but I've seen people use 5OT just fine while others didn't work out. I wanted to get the 50T but I think 46 was more than enough. What are you using now?
11-40 I will wait for a 46 to come along. I thought I read 46 max. also. Thank you.

I never tried a 27.5"...no, actually I did try my wife's bike but that one has other challenges. But I love the 29"s...I road tested the Fug in temporary assembled configuration (I still need to bleed the brakes for good and cut the extra dropper post and shifter cables) and it was...amazing! I tested it going uphill on my street (Cupsaw Ave) and I could not believe how well it pedals, I was on the highest gear all the time and didn't even realized it. It may have to do with the fact that I installed a 28T upfront...Standing on the pedals feels great as opposed to the K2 where it felt...well, I just couldn't do it. The weird fact is that in spite of the seat being at the same height as the K2 I feel so much more 'in' the bike as opposed to being 'on top' of the bike, if that even makes sense. Weird looking at those huge wheels from atop!
The roll over on the 29er is definitely noticeably better than the 27.5 IMO
29er also feels faster too.... not sure if its actually faster tho.

Back
Top Bottom