Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sorry to hear about the mechanicals. You will get that sorted out for sure. Once your used to the bike geometry should be a blast. Perfect bike for 6 mile run.
Walter and Jason were not able to ride much.
With these mechanicals…. as always, you blame it on Max.

The RDO is going to get limited saddle time and prolly stick to flowy trails. I just need to get the Hightower to 23lbs without spending money. lol

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So... IF I get carbon wheels... does it go on the RDO or the Hightower?

My knee jerk reaction is both of course.... but truthfully, I’d put them on a he Hightower. It’s the bike you’re more likely to be riding in places you’d appreciate them. :)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
trade it in for a blur would get you there
That is a sick bike... low 20lbs for FS... but no dice! Cant have 2 XC bikes.

didn't we decide that carbon mtb wheels are not lighter?
Aren't the ENVE MTB wheels really light? But I guess they are XC wheels....

The only way to get close to 23 are no wheels at all. What does the Hightower weigh without wheels?
Even without the wheels, the Hightower would be more than 23lbs

2045 is kinda heavy for a carbon wheel set doe. ;)
Woo... orange wheels....
Capture.JPG

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Are there any stock XC bikes which weigh less than 23 with pedals? The Intense Sniper is close at 22 without pedals for a medium

Is this a thing? What's the purpose of a 23 pound FS bike in the real world? Road riding? Gravel grinder? Allaire?

rick81721

Lothar
Is this a thing? What's the purpose of a 23 pound FS bike in the real world? Road riding? Gravel grinder? Allaire?

So what are the advantages/disadvantages of these two bikes with pretty much the same suspension travel:

Spearfish 27 lbs
Blur 23 lbs

Trying to decide on what bike to get next!

Top Bottom