Book of Paul H

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Got a reply from backcountry and they said the same and all the bikes he has with the same finish exhibit the same "blemish"
Also looked it up online and it appears to be normal for this type of finish. Damn... was hoping for some additional discounts

614A0E19-DA70-4CC1-952A-D5F8022865FD.jpeg
FE0783D8-B966-45F1-A22E-02DCDE64F929.jpeg

qclabrat

Got a reply from backcountry and they said the same and all the bikes he has with the same finish exhibit the same "blemish"
Also looked it up online and it appears to be normal for this type of finish. Damn... was hoping for some additional discounts or freebees lol

Also asked about the dangling RD hanger. I cant imagine this being normal as well tho. But then again... I am 0 for 1 so far.... :rolleyes:
so they said it was normal for the hanger? Send a pic when you have a chance

serviceguy

all that plastic looks unsafe, I'm going to have to lower my bid
Aren't those "blemishes" just part of the carbon layup? I actually like them as the unfinished reminds me of grains in wood
This isn't mine, but the Alchemy bikes are known for their obvious hand layups which are seen as character and not a blemish
View attachment 90108
Sure, when you can't lay the carbon fiber properly call it 'character' and jack up the price. It's called marketing.

That looks like it was repaired and sanded down, which it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Mr.Moto

Also looked it up online and it appears to be normal for this type of finish. Damn... was hoping for some additional discounts or freebees lol

Also asked about the dangling RD hanger. I cant imagine this being normal as well tho. But then again... I am 0 for 1 so far.... :rolleyes:

Yep. My Yeti is the same. Your going to have some inconsistencies in the carbon. Maybe some mold lines as well.

Any pics of the hanger issue?

BPaze

They were at the mountain bike festival in Ringwood but I don't think they had the CF stuff out yet. Ran into a guy there I use to ride with on occasion that now reps for them. If I still have his number, maybe I can find out when they will be around with some demo bikes.
Yea I saw they were there last year def didn't have the CF stuff out, but I wanted to demo them last year anyway but couldn't make it. If you get a chance let me know, not buying this year so no rush but they are in the running for my planned purchase next year. Going to try and demo a few bikes this year hopefully.

Thanks @Mr.Moto you're the best

qclabrat

They were at the mountain bike festival in Ringwood but I don't think they had the CF stuff out yet. Ran into a guy there I use to ride with on occasion that now reps for them. If I still have his number, maybe I can find out when they will be around with some demo bikes.

i demo'd one of their bikes at Ringwood and it was way too over built for my style of riding
I'm no finesse rider, and the bikes wants to air out and take big hits, which I did neither...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser

Wow...
Reply for the hanger

That is normal as well that the derailleur hanger has play when you don’t have a thru axle installed – Niner uses a dropout design where the thru axle pulls the derailleur hanger into the frame to lock it in place

qclabrat

Wow...
Reply for the hanger

That is normal as well that the derailleur hanger has play when you don’t have a thru axle installed – Niner uses a dropout design where the thru axle pulls the derailleur hanger into the frame to lock it in place
I'm going to take the wheel off the ROS9 and check. Is it a lot of play?

serviceguy

Wow...
Reply for the hanger

Meh, and what is the point of that?

Top Bottom