Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Frame only!! Hahahahahahaha!! Good luck, it doesn't exist. I bought mine from JayP, pretty sure the only way to get a frame is to be Sponsored by them.
a3968967770_10.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Have you ever had a dog or a pet, that you really wanted but reality, you didn't have the time for? Then shit hits the fan and you send her off to a pound.... no... not to a nice family with a house with a farm... but an animal shelter. Pretty fucked up. But anyways... I have never done this.... but thats how I feel right now about OOS. But here is another kicker. Out of sight... out of mind. I transferred ownership of OOS strava to Max and I removed myself from it last night. Slept 8hrs last night. My wife had to wake me up for breakfast. I cant remember the last time I slept this much in one shot. Well.... when I wasn't drunk that is. A little corner of my brain was always kinda thinking about OOS in one way or the other. After the detachment, thats gone. Do I feel better? IDK... but I do feel less stressed? My head feels lighter and doesn't feel like a brick anymore.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
removing the stress in one area can have beneficial effects in another....

qclabrat

wow, didn't realize it was such a big issue for you.
Riding bikes for us shouldn't bring angst. Frankly there's other things to be stressed over (for me two teen girls and aging parents are my limits), so I've learned to give less crap about this OOS situation and direct energies where I need it most right now. Keep it fun, once it feels like a job, you'll dread being there.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
wow, didn't realize it was such a big issue for you.
Riding bikes for us shouldn't bring angst. Frankly there's other things to be stressed over (for me two teen girls and aging parents are my limits), so I've learned to give less crap about this OOS situation and direct energies where I need it most right now. Keep it fun, once it feels like a job, you'll dread being there.
Had some me time working on the bike and i have come to realize that my stress had more to do with my own expectation. My expectation of others. I have labeled them a certain way and i assumed things. They were too much of a gentlemen to say fuck off Paul.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am more shocked that this thing existed since 2014 and I just noticed it a few months ago. That is either an epic failure or a great success, not sure which.

serviceguy

Have you ever had a dog or a pet, that you really wanted but reality, you didn't have the time for? Then shit hits the fan and you send her off to a pound.... no... not to a nice family with a house with a farm... but an animal shelter. Pretty fucked up. But anyways... I have never done this.... but thats how I feel right now about OOS. But here is another kicker. Out of sight... out of mind. I transferred ownership of OOS strava to Max and I removed myself from it last night. Slept 8hrs last night. My wife had to wake me up for breakfast. I cant remember the last time I slept this much in one shot. Well.... when I wasn't drunk that is. A little corner of my brain was always kinda thinking about OOS in one way or the other. After the detachment, thats gone. Do I feel better? IDK... but I do feel less stressed? My head feels lighter and doesn't feel like a brick anymore.

...except I don't think an animal shelter would take neither me nor Max...I know, my wife tried to exchange me for a pug once...

Seriously though, I would have never imagined this was stressing you this much and I'm sorry to hear that something that was supposed to be funny and positive (and it is for others) turned into a nightmare for you.

Sometimes you need to make a choice and do what is best for yourself, then you can go back and do it again with a clearer mind if you want.

I personally think the OOS thing was and is a great idea and regardless your future involvement with it, you can wear its paternity as a badge of honor in my book.

Happy trails and see you out there (or here) soon!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
...except I don't think an animal shelter would take neither me nor Max...I know, my wife tried to exchange me for a pug once...

Seriously though, I would have never imagined this was stressing you this much and I'm sorry to hear that something that was supposed to be funny and positive (and it is for others) turned into a nightmare for you.

Sometimes you need to make a choice and do what is best for yourself, then you can go back and do it again with a clearer mind if you want.

I personally think the OOS thing was and is a great idea and regardless your future involvement with it, you can wear its paternity as a badge of honor in my book.

Happy trails and see you out there (or here) soon!
its not as bad as I make it out to be. To be honest, simply talking about it helps me mentally and it was a combination of things... not just OOS. Besides... you know.... drama is my middle name :p

Had a few exchange of txt msgs with Pat and Norm on Sunday and thru me simply venting and hearing of their thoughts actually made me want to really go at it again. With that being said, I do realize that my goals might not align with what the OOS wants or needs. Hence, my involvement in the overall picture of OOS or its future alliterations of it, would depend on what you guys want. Whether that's within my capacity or capability is another question entirely.

I am still riding with you guys whether you like it or not. I am not going anywhere because I might suck at it... but I love riding my mtb and being part of this community means something to me. I've received so much here and made some good friends thru out the years.

OOS is a pretty cool thing and it seems to me quite a few ppl are attracted to it.... because its just good ole fun. I personally think it would be a shame if more ppl could not join in on the fun whether due to exclusivity or access. Well... we will see how this goes.

BTW... quick shout out to @qclabrat
He started the whole thing and not enuff credit is given to him.
:thumbsup:

qclabrat

its not as bad as I make it out to be. To be honest, simply talking about it helps me mentally and it was a combination of things... not just OOS. Besides... you know.... drama is my middle name :p

Had a few exchange of txt msgs with Pat and Norm on Sunday and thru me simply venting and hearing of their thoughts actually made me want to really go at it again. With that being said, I do realize that my goals might not align with what the OOS wants or needs. Hence, my involvement in the overall picture of OOS or its future alliterations of it, would depend on what you guys want. Whether that's within my capacity or capability is another question entirely.

I am still riding with you guys whether you like it or not. I am not going anywhere because I might suck at it... but I love riding my mtb and being part of this community means something to me. I've received so much here and made some good friends thru out the years.

OOS is a pretty cool thing and it seems to me quite a few ppl are attracted to it.... because its just good ole fun. I personally think it would be a shame if more ppl could not join in on the fun whether due to exclusivity or access. Well... we will see how this goes.

BTW... quick shout out to @qclabrat
He started the whole thing and not enuff credit is given to him.
:thumbsup:
It's all about branding, you hit the target segment and grew it for the better. Not uncommon for visionaries to let others take the reigns after it's been established.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This morning... its been about the 3rd or the 4th time I have placed the RDO in my cart.
Call me a wuss... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.... lol
Final cost with headset, BB, tax and shipping... $1374.29

Capture.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This morning... its been about the 3rd or the 4th time I have placed the RDO in my cart.
Call me a wuss... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.... lol
Final cost with BB, tax and shipping... $1374.29

wuss:D

What is that, 3 months of a transit pass?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
But you know... one thing. It seems like this color scheme wasn't too popular and one of the hesitation is... will the price go down further in a few months? Its at 40% discount right now.
Ok.... honestly, to me, its freakin expensive for frame only. Its twice the cost of the Talon when I bought it new. I am going back to that noob mindset when it comes to cost of bikes. I am trying to remember if pulling the trigger on the Hightower was easier.

I remember telling a friend when he was on the fence that he deserves it. I am trying to tell myself the same but its not working! lol

Top Bottom