Book of Paul H

Selling shit is hard work.... spent 3hrs taking them apart and cleaning them.
Still gotta upload the pics of the frame and the tektro brakes. Had to take a leak so came back home.

what' wrong with either spec?
Press fit.... gotta buy the tool.... don't want to... and its carbon. Thinking a little slip and its cracked. I am not very careful when it comes to things like this. I snapped a screw yesterday testing out the torque wrench lol
27.2 seat post... thinking finding a dropper would be hard cause I prolly won't buy new.

Selling shit is hard work.... spent 3hrs taking them apart and cleaning them.
Still gotta upload the pics of the frame and the tektro brakes. Had to take a leak so came back home.
Pinkbike your frame, nobody here will buy a 27.5 non-plus hardtail after all the non-positives here. I'm with most, go with a steel hardtail. And make sure it fits. As you know I sold my green Transition Trans-AM last year due to fit issues. Did some research and the Niner ROS9 had the geo I wanted. But unfortunately no longer sold, but I've been keeping my eye on Pinkbike and eBay for one for the last few months. The new Sir9 is basically a cross between the ROS9 and old Sir9, but with slightly lighter tubes. Nothing wrong with Aluminum either, but they do tend to be a bit lifeless to some and so get a bad rap. I really like my Carver and it's most due the glove like fit.

Press fit.... gotta buy the tool.... don't want to... and its carbon. Thinking a little slip and its cracked. I am not very careful when it comes to things like this. I snapped a screw yesterday testing out the torque wrench lol
27.2 seat post... thinking finding a dropper would be hard cause I prolly won't buy new.
Some things I just let the LBS do, also need a new PF30 for the road bike and will definite not do it myself.
Is there a ride today? Looks nice out.

Pinkbike your frame, nobody here will buy a 27.5 non-plus hardtail after all the non-positives here. I'm with most, go with a steel hardtail. And make sure it fits. As you know I sold my green Transition Trans-AM last year due to fit issues. Did some research and the Niner ROS9 had the geo I wanted. But unfortunately no longer sold, but I've been keeping my eye on Pinkbike and eBay for one for the last few months. The new Sir9 is basically a cross between the ROS9 and old Sir9, but with slightly lighter tubes. Nothing wrong with Aluminum either, but they do tend to be a bit lifeless to some and so get a bad rap. I really like my Carver and it's most due the glove like fit.
If the frame doesn't sell... I don't mind mounting it on the wall as deco... or build it back up as rigid road machine at a later point.

Some things I just let the LBS do, also need a new PF30 for the road bike and will definite not do it myself.
Is there a ride today? Looks nice out.
Went to HM yesterday... I could have sworn I saw Elsa roaming the trails. It was all ice and definitely not rideable. It was 24 degrees this morning and I would imagine the same today. I would stick to road today if anything.

If the frame doesn't sell... I don't mind mounting it on the wall as deco... or build it back up as rigid road machine at a later point.

Went to HM yesterday... I could have sworn I saw Elsa roaming the trails. It was all ice and definitely not rideable. It was 24 degrees this morning and I would imagine the same today. I would stick to road today if anything.
I've done the same, stripped the parts and used the frame wall deco. Looks pretty cool IMO

Never had press fit. To me is not much about the tool, I like to think there’s nothing a can not fix with some pvc pipe and a threaded rod from HD, more about the horror stories about the cracking noises etc. (probably due to pvc pipe and threaded rod from HD installation...). My imaginary frame will come with threaded bottom bracket.

Last edited:
I say you and I both order this
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 11.11.59 AM.png

Now I am leaning towards that Salsa TJ
Looks like a badass bike. Just emailed Salsa for weight info on the frame. Hilltop is a dealer and their Madison and Livingston are only 30min away. If this is the way I go, gonna need to contact @jimvreeland to see if HB can order me one.

We have them in stock son.

I was looking for the AL frame only for the Salsa Timberjack. Jason is saying the AL frame is sold out til July.
Frame only!! Hahahahahahaha!! Good luck, it doesn't exist. I bought mine from JayP, pretty sure the only way to get a frame is to be Sponsored by them.

Back
Top Bottom