Book of Paul H

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@mtbiker87 I currently have 2 decent wheel sets; a 27.5 plus and a 29er and both are boost so I need a boost frame to use the wheels I have already have.
I have a set of non boost 27.5 Giant SX-2 wheels thats on the Talon but they don't count as they will be on the chopping block.

After 5 years.... 5 freakin years of riding and for first time today, on a 29er. What the F was I doing riding 27.5 in NNJ?!?!?! The roll over was freakin amazing!
Addix.... best freakin tires so far! I might be exaggerating from the new tire novelty but the 2.35 Addix had as much traction, if not more than the 2.8 Rekon.
XT M8020.... loving it! Guides R.... goodbye.

I initially thought 29er hardtail for places like 6MR and Nassau but are these more 27.5 territory? I guess it doesn't matter much since my plan was to get a hardtail that can take both 27.5+ and 29er anyways.

see this is funny, i bought my fuel in 27.5+ and then put 29r wheels on it, as a general rule i like the way it handles on + tires better, granted i have the same tires on both wheels so i have a more direct comparison, but still, interesting how different riding styles gravitate in different directions.

i also have a hardtail that can run 27.5+, 29 and 29+, im covered.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
see this is funny, i bought my fuel in 27.5+ and then put 29r wheels on it, as a general rule i like the way it handles on + tires better, granted i have the same tires on both wheels so i have a more direct comparison, but still, interesting how different riding styles gravitate in different directions.

i also have a hardtail that can run 27.5+, 29 and 29+, im covered.
I can see why you prefer the 27.5 and fully agree... riding style and where you ride often.
27.5 is prolly better at the corners and more stable but at my local park... at HM, there really aren't that many fast corners or high speed downhills. Its mostly chunky stuff where the ability to plow thru is preferred and if you have 1 less pedal strike.... its a win.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can see why you prefer the 27.5 and fully agree... riding style and where you ride often.
27.5 is prolly better at the corners and more stable but at my local park... at HM, there really aren't that many fast corners or high speed downhills. Its mostly chunky stuff where the ability to plow thru is preferred and if you have 1 less pedal strike.... its a win.

the additional traction on the chunky rocky climbs is a big plus as well. . . . you can put down alot more power in less than ideal conditions with the + tires.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
the additional traction on the chunky rocky climbs is a big plus as well. . . . you can put down alot more power in less than ideal conditions with the + tires.
Agreed... and I am dying to see what kind of traction I would get from Addix 2.6
I was really impressed with the Addix 2.35 this morning.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
For a sec there.... I was going to close my eyes and order the RDO... CC had one for $1200.
Then saw that it has a press fit BB and 27.2 post. Crossing off the list. I can breathe again....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Last pic of the Talon before parting her out.
Goodbye Talon... it was fun... :(
20190216_192941.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You were a good team. It's a natural progression.

Do you feel better? Cause I'm thinking you should just.......

Ok, I wouldn't do that.

Top Bottom