Book of Paul H

qclabrat

Could also be rotor related as well.
Have centerline on the HT and ice tech on the Talon. But Guides need more pull to get the same braking power... better modulation as they say.
I run both discs and both are great. Save you money for the hardtail. Quit your complaining, you're just jealous I got a new bike.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I run both discs and both are great. Save you money for the hardtail. Quit your complaining, you're just jealous I got a new bike.
Absolutely I am jealous!
Haven't been really looking for a hardtail lately but hopefully it will happen someday.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
1546440052919.png

well done.
do we need to worry about your safety with this teasing. i see many bots working the site for dissidents. :D

qclabrat

Absolutely I am jealous!
Haven't been really looking for a hardtail lately but hopefully it will happen someday.
Save your pennies to get there, I don't have loads of disposable income and pretty frugal just like you, I just happen to have enough surplus bikes to feed my habit.
Just sold the Ibis Spanky to pay for most of the freerider. If I can raise 60-70% for a new bike, I'm in the hunt. Less and I'm being irresponsible.
I hope to ride it more than the Spanky which was rarely.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Save your pennies to get there, I don't have loads of disposable income and pretty frugal just like you, I just happen to have enough surplus bikes to feed my habit.
Just sold the Ibis Spanky to pay for most of the freerider. If I can raise 60-70% for a new bike, I'm in the hunt. Less and I'm being irresponsible.
I hope to ride it more than the Spanky which was rarely.
I would sell the Talon to fund the next bike but it has sentimental values and maybe I am pricing it too high. IDK.... maybe screw the new bike and just keep riding the Talon. lol

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Juggernaut
Did I mention that I figured out my shifting woes on the Crux? It has a Apex 1 RD. Of course it would suck as a 2x lol
I guess I should convert it back to a 1x

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
is it because of the clutch? makes sense if that is it as the extra tension should the front shifting more difficult
From SRAM
The X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur’s ‘straight parallelogram’ design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
From SRAM
The X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur’s ‘straight parallelogram’ design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears

Or in other words, the cage is too short. Get the wifli.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
The extractor is designed to bite into the metal (as the olive is made of brass it should bite rather well). If you could stick a small Allen key in there (without bashing on it) you may be able to slowly wiggle it out. I would also check for cracks in the lever housing, the stuck olive could be a sign the bolt was overtightened.

I do not have any comparison with any other disc brake system, but my XT M785 seem to bite pretty well paired with the RT-81 Ice-tech rotors. I built the bike using prior-to-last generation components, same as I build my computers or used to buy ski equipment.
The problem with the extractor is the it needs threads to back it out, this is barbed so it's just gonna spin. Which is good if it was seized but pointless after that pointless. I got some really dumb ideas.

serviceguy

View attachment 84331

well done.
do we need to worry about your safety with this teasing. i see many bots working the site for dissidents. :D
The problem with the extractor is the it needs threads to back it out, this is barbed so it's just gonna spin. Which is good if it was seized but pointless after that pointless. I got some really dumb ideas.

If it spins then it should just fall off the lever, if it's seized then it shouldn't spin. or just bend slightly a paper clip, push it down the barb gently until it grips the flat surface and pull.

Top Bottom