Osiris ransomware

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Pay ransom ?

You could be screwed. Do you use Dropbox or OneDrive? They store back versions of files.

GL. Sorry I'm no help. Will Google tomorrow

rick81721

Lothar
Pay ransom ?

You could be screwed. Do you use Dropbox or OneDrive? They store back versions of files.

GL. Sorry I'm no help. Will Google tomorrow

Just spent 3 hrs watching HelloTech run 5 different programs. Then at the end they said they can't do anything about the encrypted files! At least they didn't charge anything. I have carbonite, assume most everything is backed up (I hope).

rlb

Just spent 3 hrs watching HelloTech run 5 different programs. Then at the end they said they can't do anything about the encrypted files! At least they didn't charge anything. I have carbonite, assume most everything is backed up (I hope).

That blows! Do you have a non-infected computer to check your carbonate account? If your files are backed up elsewhere just get a new hard drive and install windows from scratch.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Call geek squad??
giphy.gif

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

that .zip file from amazon probably didn't contain a rebate card after all?

this one is kinda hefty - looks like 2.5 bitcoins. ouch.

so from what i read - the trick here is to restore to a previously good point (perhaps before the last windows update?) run the updates, run a good malware program, then use shadow explorer to find previous files.
hopefully your back-ups have worked for you, and a simple restore is all you need.

search for any email with .zip or .xl* extensions and throw them away.

GL - this sucks.

rick81721

Lothar
That's what a bit coin is worth? I didn't bother to see what they were looking for "ransom", I don't negotiate with terrorists anywho. Looks like carbonite will save the day - had 12 years of pics on there! Geek squad is wiping the computer and reinstalling everything, then will use carbonite to restore files.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's what a bit coin is worth? I didn't bother to see what they were looking for "ransom", I don't negotiate with terrorists anywho. Looks like carbonite will save the day - had 12 years of pics on there! Geek squad is wiping the computer and reinstalling everything, then will use carbonite to restore files.
You just better not bring that shit to the board- ;)
@fidodie do we need to quarantine him?

Top Bottom