Options to replace Niner Biocentric II EBB?

JDurk

lemme check when I get home, don't want to misinform you
Location of the spindle could be a culprit. I'm not a big guy so didn't expect it to matter much

going to break it down in the coming weeks, it could use a good cleaning as recommended
Its a ROS9 and needs a fresh coat of framesaver inside anyway

This video is very helpful. FYI, using Shimano XT crank with the Biocentric II is pretty much impossible with a standard length 5mm hex socket. I purchased a longer length to clear the crankarm. I think I tightened to 13Nm using the torque wrench.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
This reminds me how happy I am with ebb out of my life. Someone somewhere is cursing my old crave right now.

JDurk

Paragon is the only style that has been trouble free for me. Ebb was a creaky pita and I broke the adjusters on all city dropouts.
Yep, same here. Can easily put on gears if I want also.
IMG_20190408_204859.jpg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Do any frames still offer paragon sliders? Always wanted a frame with them. I’ve had good luck recently with my wheels manufacturing bb30 ebb in my carbon frame

JDurk

Do any frames still offer paragon sliders? Always wanted a frame with them. I’ve had good luck recently with my wheels manufacturing bb30 ebb in my carbon frame
When ordering my I.F. SS, had to choose sliders or rockers. Soma Juice and Kona Unit still using sliders.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Most frame builders seem to just use the Paragon sliders. Really it seems many builders use the Paragon *everything* like head tubes, bottom brackets, etc.

That being said, I'm really happy with my V1 Salsa Alternator setup. It's not entirely unlike the Paragon setup. I think @jimvreeland had issues with his V2

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Most frame builders seem to just use the Paragon sliders. Really it seems many builders use the Paragon *everything* like head tubes, bottom brackets, etc.

That being said, I'm really happy with my V1 Salsa Alternator setup. It's not entirely unlike the Paragon setup. I think @jimvreeland had issues with his V2

I run a nut and bolt through my dropout now and it's fine.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is that a common failure mode of those?

You can ask for a shell, but isn't a shell basically a hub...?

My advice always is if you're going SS, go with a Paul Component SS hub :) You'll never break it.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Is that a common failure mode of those?

You can ask for a shell, but isn't a shell basically a hub...?

My advice always is if you're going SS, go with a Paul Component SS hub :) You'll never break it.
I have been SSing for 4 years and never broke a hub. What’s the deal?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have been SSing for 4 years and never broke a hub. What’s the deal?

Ask QCLabrat? :)

My point is, if you're going SS only, may as well just get the most durable hub out there as it's not that expensive, can be very high engagement and is very bulletproof.

Top Bottom