OOS town council meeting(its pat's party and he'll cry if he wants to)

Should we close this thread and start a new one?

• Yea

• No

• Idc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mathers

I’m not reading this whole thing.
I’m happy to be involved in a meeting but I don’t even have a jersey so will I be allowed

huffster

I would rather have dental work than go to a beach that crowded

This paint job is tragic. I apologize if you really love it.

I can't keep up with all of the reading to tell what is going on. I'm still planning my Wawayanda ride but it will be "touch and go" whether it goes off as planned. The upcoming weather threatens to wreak havoc on conditions. If it is a ride worthy weather and trail conditions, I'm riding with or without any followers.

I'm available sunday too. I think @huffster has the ride - i may have to override!!! cause i'm pushy that way.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

This paint job is tragic. I apologize if you really love it.

it was the '80s man!

or like i said, just a 70s leftover idea. I was going to repaint it (it is originally silver) back to the metallic silver, and go with a single stripe and pearl accents,
but lost interest after buying a house...so the car sat for 25+ years. purchased when i was 17, sold when i was 54...i might have put 5,000 miles on it.
3 engines, 2 transmissions, ..... i should learn to shift sooner.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it was the '80s man!

or like i said, just a 70s leftover idea. I was going to repaint it (it is originally silver) back to the metallic silver, and go with a single stripe and pearl accents,
but lost interest after buying a house...so the car sat for 25+ years. purchased when i was 17, sold when i was 54...i might have put 5,000 miles on it.
3 engines, 2 transmissions, ..... i should learn to shift sooner.

shiftings for chumps!

Patrick

Staff member
OK - it is thursday - decision time.
won't be any trail riding this weekend which opens up the possibility of some trail maintenance -

looking like a warm, wet sunday -
should be dry right into saturday afternoon, with decent temps.
i really don't want to ride road in this weather. ditto for canal path, but would do it.

sunday in paul's garage, we close the doors, get out the ceremonial robes, and do the secret handshake?
saturday in florham park, beer, pool, shuffleboard at vanderbilts (or whatever it is called now) -
Friday night at twin elephant - it is too loud to talk in there, but the beer is good, and i have to meet up with @MadisonDan at some point.....

just fire up a webX, and forget about meeting in person until the sun is out for a week straight - byob.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
OK - it is thursday - decision time.
won't be any trail riding this weekend which opens up the possibility of some trail maintenance -

looking like a warm, wet sunday -
should be dry right into saturday afternoon, with decent temps.
i really don't want to ride road in this weather. ditto for canal path, but would do it.

sunday in paul's garage, we close the doors, get out the ceremonial robes, and do the secret handshake?
saturday in florham park, beer, pool, shuffleboard at vanderbilts (or whatever it is called now) -
Friday night at twin elephant - it is too loud to talk in there, but the beer is good, and i have to meet up with @MadisonDan at some point.....

just fire up a webX, and forget about meeting in person until the sun is out for a week straight - byob.
I say can the ride and do meeting instead... we already know who is available at that time.

EDIT: Just saw that only 2 ppl were confirmed for the Waway ride lol

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
What was the previously proposed start time (PPST) ?
and mtb or fatbike ? i don't want anyone showing up with skinny tires and pulling away!

i'm still going for beer tomorrow.

Patrick

Staff member
8:30 AM
I don't have a hardtail anymore so I will be riding the Crux if this happens.

8:30? this is the Out Of Sanity time?
What would be reasonable to make it to burnt mills park in pluckemin for you?
https://goo.gl/maps/dd9ekccsqM42
park on the east side of the field, closer to 287 - turn is on map.
Note that i can make 8:30. - probably looking at 110 minutes of ride time + 10 minute stop at the general store.

slightly modified version of @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST ride https://www.strava.com/activities/2122535821
note he is going fast on this one.....

don't make me bring my cx bike...

90 minute meeting to follow, i'll figure out agenda/where. maybe at the kings grocery store?

qclabrat

What was the previously proposed start time (PPST) ?
and mtb or fatbike ? i don't want anyone showing up with skinny tires and pulling away!

i'm still going for beer tomorrow.
I'm going skiing on Saturday and b/c weather Zwifting/cleaning on Sunday. Also MrsQ has something on the calendar on Friday night
Could possibly do a webex in the evenings

Patrick

Staff member
I'm going skiing on Saturday and b/c weather Zwifting/cleaning on Sunday. Also MrsQ has something on the calendar on Friday night
Could possibly do a webex in the evenings

we'll sign you up for something - don't worry. ;)

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
8:30? this is the Out Of Sanity time?
What would be reasonable to make it to burnt mills park in pluckemin for you?
https://goo.gl/maps/dd9ekccsqM42
park on the east side of the field, closer to 287 - turn is on map.
Note that i can make 8:30. - probably looking at 110 minutes of ride time + 10 minute stop at the general store.

slightly modified version of @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST ride https://www.strava.com/activities/2122535821
note he is going fast on this one.....

don't make me bring my cx bike...

90 minute meeting to follow, i'll figure out agenda/where. maybe at the kings grocery store?
This route doesn't pass the general store. The longer 25 mile route does.

Top Bottom