OOS MOGA

Mtbdog

I've done it from the soccer field and the back beach and they were some real climbs but doable. Excellent trails at the top.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great ideas... I'm up for a no drop death march- I mean tour- up the Cannonball Trail starting in Oakland...maybe sometime in July.

Cannonball from Oakland to where? I haven't done that ride in quite awhile. Not sure what the current status is for parking on Barbara Dr, but there is another spot down the road a bit for parking, with entrance at Pool Hollow Rd.

Rocksrgood4u

Maybe Cannonball- cross Skyline Drive - then is it a yellow blaze(?)- to scenic overlook- take a connector to ryerson school(?) - shuttle back down skyline?

I took some mates on a similar route a few years ago. We ended up
In ny state. Their wives didn't talk to me for awhile. Something about physical therapy...

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK. Let's get this ball rolling:

Let's do a Stephens State Park ride.

Date: May 20th
Time: 9am
Location: The Iron Gate off Kinney Road, Stanhope, New Jersey (40.907564, -74.770812)

Again, this is a NO DROP ride. Our pace is as fast or slow as we'd like. This is all about having fun on our bikes.

Please RSVP if you're able to attend.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser

Location: The Iron Gate off Kinney Road, Stanhope, New Jersey (40.907564, -74.770812)

Again, this is a NO DROP ride. Our pace is as fast or slow as we'd like. This is all about having fun on our bikes.

I'm in!

BPaze

I'm in gonna start looking for a babysitter now.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
5/5-5/6: Open
5/12-5/13: Open
5/20: Stephens State Park at 9AM with @ReggieHammond
5/27-5/28: Open

Let's get those open spots filled up! We probably should do couple of relative easy trail to get our lungs and legs back into gear.
Ride leaders with suggestions, please post up! If you don't feel like you know your trail well enough... don't be shy about it. Part of learning new trails is getting lost and finding your way out! :)

My local trail is High Mountain and if we have nothing planned for any given weekend, that is where I will most likely be riding and you are more than welcomed to join me.

BTW... IMO... this should not be limited to mtb. Feel free to post up road rides as well so that we can get some mileage in for your strava. In my limited experience, road rides really help with endurance and conditioning that could improve your mtb experience. N+1! :p

I would love to see multiple things happening so that we can pick and choose. That would be awesome!

Let's ride! ((Hike a bike is optional)) :cool:

Last edited:

qclabrat

can you edit the first post to have a running list of upcoming dates, I'm guessing some will lose visibility
also is this clear to everyone it's intended to the a beginner to intermediate pace to weed out expectations of fast people, think CAT3. Everyone's perception of out of shape is different...

IMG_20190503_192003863.jpg

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
can you edit the first post to have a running list of upcoming dates, I'm guessing some will lose visibility
also is this clear to everyone it's intended to the a beginner to intermediate pace to weed out expectations of fast people, think CAT3. Everyone's perception of out of shape is different...
Edit on the OP is done.

I think I've said the pace is that of the slowest rider and I like what we did last year at Nassau. We had a big enough group where we were able to split into 2. Hopefully, we'll have more of those.

huffster

@ReggieHammond I am going to try and make the 5/20 ride, but will confirm for sure as it gets closer. I've ridden Stephens several times solo, and I've managed to come up with some pretty good loops through trial and error. Other times I know I've been "doing it wrong". So, the moderate pace suggested in this thread coupled with your tribal knowledge of the local trails, is calling my name.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But they are not beginners friendly. That's why I added getting my but kicked.

wait a minutes here! some of the parks we visit are not beginner friendly, but we usually are! (ill admit this week is an attempt for a steady pace at a challenging park may not be)

Top Bottom