OOS MOGA

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I usually remember peoples names but more likely remember their bikes and cars(or trucks). Faces, eh, still working on that.

this works for me too (as long as they have cool car or truck), sorry i dont bring my cool car to the rides, but its hard to fit a bike in the trunk, and its NOT getting a rack.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Well I don’t have much to add to this, I just Sit back and watch. That’s just my my lurker style.
My .02 is that we don’t need a designated ride leader every week. I tend to learn the trails better when I’m not following.

Regardless I’ll be at all the rides I can

So basically when I lead a ride lol

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Well I don’t have much to add to this, I just Sit back and watch. That’s just my my lurker style.
My .02 is that we don’t need a designated ride leader every week. I tend to learn the trails better when I’m not following.

Regardless I’ll be at all the rides I can
216,000 views, lots of people lurking :)
Kind of like watching a reality show.

huffster

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that doesn't really take anything seriously, but man, you guys are taking this way too seriously.
I agree and have watched for the past few days waiting to see if it will settle back down.

I know I am a member but not a founding father. So feel free to ignore my thoughts.

First, I’ll credit OOS for getting me into riding with others. Before I decided to join I had done maybe 1-2 group rides. Now I’m kind of a regular. The introduction of needing to lead 1 or 2 rides is no biggie and helps keep it going and pay it forward. I’d do more if that will help.

I think the Strava club is where there was a turning point. Don’t know why, but it got bigger and bigger and now seems like the “talk” is so formal and people are feeling like there is an administrative burden. How about we kill Strava club and just post rides here?

Any ride I can make, if I know the park, I’ll help “lead”. I’m happy to be on a list of people in a rotation. Maybe we don’t need 50 people in the rotation, just 20 willing souls. If that works consider me “on the list”.

Anyway, I hope I will see some of you at Sterling w Frank and then Wawayanda w me, after that.

qclabrat

Thinking a good old fashion Nassau ride on President's day
Bring a 26r or retro ride, or the smallest wheels you gots
8AM big lot

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I agree and have watched for the past few days waiting to see if it will settle back down.

I know I am a member but not a founding father. So feel free to ignore my thoughts.

First, I’ll credit OOS for getting me into riding with others. Before I decided to join I had done maybe 1-2 group rides. Now I’m kind of a regular. The introduction of needing to lead 1 or 2 rides is no biggie and helps keep it going and pay it forward. I’d do more if that will help.

I think the Strava club is where there was a turning point. Don’t know why, but it got bigger and bigger and now seems like the “talk” is so formal and people are feeling like there is an administrative burden. How about we kill Strava club and just post rides here?

Any ride I can make, if I know the park, I’ll help “lead”. I’m happy to be on a list of people in a rotation. Maybe we don’t need 50 people in the rotation, just 20 willing souls. If that works consider me “on the list”.

Anyway, I hope I will see some of you at Sterling w Frank and then Wawayanda w me, after that.
We brought on strava so that ppl don't have to look for ride info on this thread.... despite the fact the info is on the 1st page.... but I guess it was mostly for those that do not log on to mtbnj all that much.

But yeah, it blew up with strava. In the mist of all this, 2 more members joined. There are some of us that likes the fact that the group is growing and then there are other that does not. All to be discussed.

BTW.... I am responding with some of the reasons why a certain action was taken... not necessarily to defend it. This way, whichever way we decide, we can make informed decisions that we can move forward with.

Danimal

We brought on strava so that ppl don't have to look for ride info on this thread.... despite the fact the info is on the 1st page.... but I guess it was mostly for those that do not log on to mtbnj all that much.

But yeah, it blew up with strava. In the mist of all this, 2 more members joined. There are some of us that likes the fact that the group is growing and then there are other that does not. All to be discussed.

BTW.... I am responding with some of the reasons why a certain action was taken... not necessarily to defend it. This way, whichever way we decide, we can make informed decisions that we can move forward with.
Strava ride posts are the only way possible to find rides that you guys are doing. And honestly, I think it's pretty genius and think more groups should announce their rides that way. @Paul H I think you did a fantastic job setting up the group and it only took you like 10,000 posts to get it going lol. If things feel like they are getting out of hand then just dont accept new strava members

Top Bottom