OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think with more people in the group this becomes less of a problem. Also, people are always going to complain. If people don't want to ride the same old place, post here asking where they want to ride instead. Then tag some people asking if they can give a tour. I'll also say that between garmin/gpx files, maprika, and trailforks, you don't really need a guide anywhere. Just grab a route off Strava and go ride it.
Maybe... but there are 50+ on strava and guess how many who actively talk about riding... 4? 5?

Instead of mtbnj scheduling something... imagine they open it up to the boards for discussion. It would be a shit show. I'm not saying we are up to the same level but I just remember the shit show that happened when Max took charge. No offense Max :p

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe... but there are 50+ on strava and guess how many who actively talk about riding... 4? 5?

Most people in the Strava group aren't ever going to be very active here. I think you guys should just treat the group as if it's just the couple of you that are really active in it, post rides for places you want to ride, and if other people in the group see it on Strava and join you, then great! Maybe over time you'll get some more people that are more active here, maybe not. If people complain then tough shit. You can't please everyone, so don't try.

serviceguy

I honestly can not go back and read who knows how many pages, but...the first step in order to find the solution is usually to identify the problem.

What is the problem ?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Most people in the Strava group aren't ever going to be very active here. I think you guys should just treat the group as if it's just the couple of you that are really active in it, post rides for places you want to ride, and if other people in the group see it on Strava and join you, then great! Maybe over time you'll get some more people that are more active here, maybe not. If people complain then tough shit. You can't please everyone, so don't try.
That's what we will discuss. We already have varying opinions.

When I took charge, one of the thing was to give back to the mtbnj community and provide a "service" if you will and have fun. Maybe that was an error on my part. But honestly, and I don't mean to defend it... well... Maybe I do but the new system has been working pretty well the last couple of months. I don't think system itself is broken but as it stands, there are some work to be done.

As for me... I think I have done a pretty good thing here and brought out a number of guys out riding and exposed them to parks they would not have explored otherwise. I have no regrets whichever way this goes. Ran this thing for the better part of the year and pretty proud of it. :)

Mr. E Man

@JimN stop stealing my words :cool:
05945EFC-0D17-4187-8BED-FA19D3984FCF.jpeg

serviceguy

As for me... I think I have done a pretty good thing here and brought out a number of guys out riding and exposed them to parks they would not have explored otherwise. I have no regrets whichever way this goes. Ran this thing for the better part of the year and pretty proud of it. :)

I agree 100%, and I want to personally thank you for your support during the rides in addition to organizing them.

Even though it may not show, I am trying to get better (maybe not that hard, but I am trying nevertheless), but I would have given up if it wasn't for your kind words in a few occasions during some deep crisis! And the rest of the gang...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I agree 100%, and I want to personally thank you for your support during the rides in addition to organizing them.

Even though it may not show, I am trying to get better (maybe not that hard, but I am trying nevertheless), but I would have given up if it wasn't for your kind words in a few occasions during some deep crisis! And the rest of the gang...
We made a lot of new friends... haven't We?
That was the best part!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Join us I need to put a face to the name

you were at the stephens ride werent you?, silver RAM parked right by the gate . . . .

id join, but like mentioned i dont plan far enough out to commit to a weekend, plus id do a ride on the Friday of the weekend, noone else would show up :/

i also dont like to commit to leading a ride without some idea of the skill/fitness level of the target audience.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
what is the twitter feed for this group? :p

new job, social media coordinator. i'll add that to my list.

(so saying shit like this and not showing up at a meeting usually means only 1 thing.....Voluntold)

serviceguy

We made a lot of new friends... haven't We?
That was the best part!

True. I'll try not to blame you for the money spent on the new frame then!

what is the twitter feed for this group? :p

new job, social media coordinator. i'll add that to my list.

(so saying shit like this and not showing up at a meeting usually means only 1 thing.....Voluntold)

You speak a language that I don't understand!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
you were at the stephens ride werent you?, silver RAM parked right by the gate . . . .

id join, but like mentioned i dont plan far enough out to commit to a weekend, plus id do a ride on the Friday of the weekend, noone else would show up :/

i also dont like to commit to leading a ride without some idea of the skill/fitness level of the target audience.

I was there white Impreza and ski mask
IMG_20190209_100242711.jpg

OOS jersey was under the flannel

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmmm thats @Robin isnt it? with the loose pedal iirc? pretty sure we were in different groups, may have seen you, not sure tho . . . all i can say is @ridgehog had no problem picking me out and coming over to say hi. . . . .

Top Bottom