OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Can we nail down a time I'd love a 7am lunch @C8N and I road at that time last weekend and when we were finishing up Satan's ass hole opened up and humidity took over.
What you could do, is ride to Wildcat from your house and you can have your 7AM start time. I think you said you aren't too far?
This might sound like I am goofing on you but I am being serious. You will be nicely warmed up when we start. When riding HM, I try to ride out there whenever possible.
Last couple of times, I drove to HM and I have been called a slacker :(

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
What you could do, is ride to Wildcat from your house and you can have your 7AM start time. I think you said you aren't too far?
This might sound like I am goofing on you but I am being serious. You will be nicely warmed up when we start. When riding HM, I try to ride out there whenever possible.
Last couple of times, I drove to HM and I have been called a slacker :(

Its like 3 exits away from me lol, form closest to furthest, Dickerson Mine, Mahlon Dickerson, Muchies, KVSP, Splitrock, Tourne, LM, Jungle, HM 6, mile

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think I want this shirt
Capture.JPG

Off The Road Again

What's going on that it won't shift right with a 42?
Have no clue. I took cassette off, removed the 17t, slapped the 42t on and then rest of cassette. First made a rubbing sound next to hub - maybe I need a spacer? The rest of the gears didn't shift smooth either - maybe something with derailleur? Anyway, took everything off, put it back together as it was, shifts fine!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Have no clue. I took cassette off, removed the 17t, slapped the 42t on and then rest of cassette. First made a rubbing sound next to hub - maybe I need a spacer? The rest of the gears didn't shift smooth either - maybe something with derailleur? Anyway, took everything off, put it back together as it was, shifts fine!

10 speed?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
2 things you should look at IMO.
chain length and chain wrap

Mr.Moto

Need to be sure your derailleur is compatible.
Check to see that chain is long enough to handle the new 42
Probably need a longer B screw or
Get a Goatlink
Adjust derailleur if needed.

Off The Road Again

Need to be sure your derailleur is compatible.
Check to see that chain is long enough to handle the new 42
Probably need a longer B screw or
Get a Goatlink
Adjust derailleur if needed.
Thanks all for responses. Yes it's a 10-speed, so by taking the 17 out for the 42 its still 10. Chain is definitely worn, and might've been too short. I can adjust the derailleur at the shifters, but don't like to mess with the B screw. This is why I'm taking to the shop. Seemed like a simple DYI, but at least its rideable now.

dmkalemba

Hey, is there a special OoS handshake I need to know to join this ride?;) Always nice (and rare) to ride Wildcat with others.!

Top Bottom