OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Anyone want a bathroom pedestal sink?
If you can move it out... it's yours. Of course I'll help but just know... I'm a wimp.
20190217_104258.jpg

BPaze

Who made that chart? Kate Moss? 5' 10" 180 is over weight?...There are an awful lot of professional athletes who are overweight then ! I dont think they are taking muscle mass into account here.
Those charts are so terrible unless you are skin and bones average build you will never fall into the right category. Even when I was lean I didn’t come close to falling into a healthy weight zone according to this chart. The visual eye test is usually best way to go

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
have you tried, I have
decent on packed snow, mediocre on hard pack
useless on ice and fresh snow
a mess on mixed conditions with rocks, glad I got the Nokians a few weeks ago. Monday I ride outside

When I use to work in a restaurant some of the guys would still bike when it snowed they'd just have standard tires that came with their Walmart bike even if the tires were bald they just used zipties on their bikes idk how good their rides we're but they made it to work

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Those charts are so terrible unless you are skin and bones average build you will never fall into the right category. Even when I was lean I didn’t come close to falling into a healthy weight zone according to this chart. The visual eye test is usually best way to go

When I get into 190s I have abs dropping 20 more lbs would make me look very sick

Last edited:

jklett

According to the chart I'm obese, I agree with that. On the other hand, it says I should be 150 at the most to be "normal". I would look "abnormal" there, Kate Moss would be about right.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you guys into modeling or what? As soon as my blood pressure and sleep apnea are in check and my riding is really enjoyable I am just doing maintenance, yo!

ha, thats funny. The problem with those charts is that they dont take into account muscle mass (as mentioned above) or frame size, if you have broad shoulders and a big chest (rib cage) you WILL hold more weight without it showing or being a problem.

that chart puts me at the top of the 'healthy' range, and i currently weight 165 . . . doesnt quite add up. I go by body fat % and weight to decide what i need to loose. and my goal is a bit lofty for where im at but im going to give a try anyway.

qclabrat

When I use to work in a restaurant some of the guys would still bike when it snowed they'd just have standard tires that came with their Walmart bike even if the tires were bald they just used zipties on their bikes idk how good their rides we're but they made it to work
wait, so you are comparing mountain biking to a commuter who washes dishes? Not knocking dishwashers or bus boys, that was me in high school.

qclabrat

According to the chart I'm obese, I agree with that. On the other hand, it says I should be 150 at the most to be "normal". I would look "abnormal" there, Kate Moss would be about right.
Okay, I agree with everyone, the numbers are pretty absurd, maybe not in the EU, but here in the US for sure
Getting in the solid green, would be my college years at bout 150. Do most of you fall in the green range when you were in HS or college?

serviceguy

Okay, I agree with everyone, the numbers are pretty absurd, maybe not in the EU, but here in the US for sure
Getting in the solid green, would be my college years at bout 150. Do most of you fall in the green range when you were in HS or college?

I was 158 when I was 30, but I've always been doing up and down...

Top Bottom