OOS MOGA

qclabrat

I almost bought a VR4 Spyder a few years back, the pearl white paint was hot
1545102107683.png

qclabrat

I'm on my 5th(?) 17 impreza, 98 foz, 02 wrx, 98 impreza, 95 impreza, all of them were pretty mild outside of the 95 which had a motor from a leggy(3.3?) which was turbo'd and a 6 speed out of a late 90s prodrive edition impreza. I would like to get back into modding cars but I want a miata and I want to also go electric.
I thought you also wanted to invest in property and lose 20 pounds. I'll be living in TX before you go E

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It was in the late 90's. Just got my Mustang GT with the 4.6 and was at a light. A blue 3000GT pulled up next to me. I thought it was an SL. Light turned green and before I can even get into 2nd gear that blue monster pulled away only for me to see the VR4 badge disappear.

Couple of years later, got an opportunity to drive one. The cockpit felt cramped but strangely good. That thing was a beast!

I almost bought a VR4 Spyder a few years back, the pearl white paint was hot
View attachment 82940
Blah.... hardtop FTW!

Love the 90's Japanese sports cars..... Supra, Z, and the GT

Wanted to buy one of these cars to restore.... but no money :(

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
It was in the late 90's. Just got my Mustang GT with the 4.6 and was at a light. A blue 3000GT pulled up next to me. I thought it was an SL. Light turned green and before I can even get into 2nd gear that blue monster pulled away only for me to see the VR4 badge disappear.

Couple of years later, got an opportunity to drive one. The cockpit felt cramped but strangely good. That thing was a beast!

Blah.... hardtop FTW!

New Supra is coming soon. Will be interesting to see how it does.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I saw that video earlier. That was on a 27.5. Watch 10 different tests and 10 different results. I think 2.4 is a good size for a 29er but depends on the bike, suspension, geometry, rider, terrain, tire design... I have a 2.5 on the front. Feels a little big for my bikes older geometry and would not mind going down to a 2.4 or even 2.3 as my bike was originally designed for 2.1-2.25.
Need to see a comparison between 27.5x2.8 vs 29x2.4

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser

Victor I

aka Ridgehog

Blah.... hardtop FTW!

The one criticism I have about the VR4 is that it had very little drama behind the wheel. It felt like you were going 55 miles an hour at 135. I prefer road feel as part of the excitement of driving. While a heavy car feels secure it takes away some of the fun.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The one criticism I have about the VR4 is that it had very little drama behind the wheel. It felt like you were going 55 miles an hour at 135. I prefer road feel as part of the excitement of driving. While a heavy car feels secure it takes away some of the fun.
You sound like an American muscle kinda guy. Much like riding a bike, I like a car that makes me feel like a better driver than I am.

Top Bottom