OOS MOGA

GreenMachine

Both.
I don't really keep track of weight.... just waistline but I was at 182lbs and my cholesterol was on the decline on my previous visit
I guess my pant waist all stretched or the weight gain was so gradual that I didn't notice the discomfort too much. I did get lax on my diet... you know... 2 Quarter Pounder meals and a bucket of fried chicken. This all has to go and I have to get more active. Freakin lunch sucks these days without having the option to eat whatever I wanted. Been having turkey on a roll with mustard. Now looking at poke bowl online for today's lunch.
Cut all processed sugar , cut all dairy , add healthy fats - you’ll drop - 10 lbs in 4 weeks.
Dairy is an absolute killer .. litterally

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Cut all processed sugar , cut all dairy , add healthy fats - you’ll drop - 10 lbs in 4 weeks.
Dairy is an absolute killer .. litterally
Weight... I think I am pretty good here. I just need to control how much I eat and just need to ride more which I haven't doing.
Cholesterol is what I am really concerned with. I can control how much I eat but what I eat... is rather hard. Right now I am craving halal food for lunch but that is going to kill me.

GreenMachine

Weight... I think I am pretty good here. I just need to control how much I eat and just need to ride more which I haven't doing.
Cholesterol is what I am really concerned with. I can control how much I eat but what I eat... is rather hard. Right now I am craving halal food for lunch but that is going to kill me.
Foods that increase cholesterol
  • Butter.
  • Ghee.
  • Hard margarines.
  • Lard, dripping and goose fat.
  • Fatty meat and meat products such as sausages.
  • Full fat cheese, milk, cream and yogurt.
  • Coconut and palm oils and coconut cream.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just checking in... nassau for saturday and kittatiny for the following saturday? your calendar still up to date?

GreenMachine

Science like the Mayo Clinic? Harvard nutrition? Neither recommends eliminating dairy.
Dairy =
Science like the Mayo Clinic? Harvard nutrition? Neither recommends eliminating dairy.
Dairy is one of the most inflammatory foods in our modern diet, second only to gluten. It causes inflammation in a large percentage of the population, resulting in digestive issues such as bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea, as well as other symptoms including acne, and a stronger presentation of autistic behaviors.

There's ZERO need to ever drink milk after you're a baby - in fact some feel it does your bones more har than good .... lactose is sugar -carbs .... try 30 days non dairy ...coco milk , Almond milk ...no butter etc ...you'll feel it.

Mathers

Dairy =

Dairy is one of the most inflammatory foods in our modern diet, second only to gluten. It causes inflammation in a large percentage of the population, resulting in digestive issues such as bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea, as well as other symptoms including acne, and a stronger presentation of autistic behaviors.

There's ZERO need to ever drink milk after you're a baby - in fact some feel it does your bones more har than good .... lactose is sugar -carbs .... try 30 days non dairy ...coco milk , Almond milk ...no butter etc ...you'll feel it.
I might try this challenge.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dairy =

I clicked on the gluten link, and got a popup for cookies... are they gluten free cookies?

serviceguy

I haven't been drinking cow milk in several years, always almond and now walnut milk...I do occasionally eat dairy (mostly mozzarella cheese in pizza), and my cholesterol is fine. My waistline...not so much. I am not a vegetarian nor a vegan, but I almost never eat meat or drink (I made an exception for the OOS meetup).

Last edited:
Top Bottom