OOS MOGA

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Tore my elbow tendon @ Nassau during mtbnj outing , heard / felt a pop early in ride , didn’t want to F up the flow - left early when Walt ducked out for lawn duty.
Surgery will end my summer of even playing whiffle ball w My kids let alone MTB’ing - trying to put off until September - if so I’ll brace it an be there.

Bummer - but way to be tough, and move on. GL and keep us posted on progress.

Oh, you will learn to do a whole bunch of stuff opposite handed - wait until you see a left handed wiffle screw ball!
(i'll assume you are right handed and blew the right ucl? )

PS - you can pitch for the mets when healed up.

Mr. E Man

Tore my elbow tendon @ Nassau during mtbnj outing , heard / felt a pop early in ride , didn’t want to F up the flow - left early when Walt ducked out for lawn duty.
Surgery will end my summer of even playing whiffle ball w My kids let alone MTB’ing - trying to put off until September - if so I’ll brace it an be there.

Damn sorry to hear ... I'm actually getting shoulder surgery end of August. I feel ya pain!

Patrick

Staff member
Damn sorry to hear ... I'm actually getting shoulder surgery end of August. I feel ya pain!

SLAP tear?

Had mine done a bunch of years ago - easy peasy. go all-in on the rehab. makes a big difference (trust me, i didn't - took forever to get the range back)

best of luck

Mr. E Man

SLAP tear?

Had mine done a bunch of years ago - easy peasy. go all-in on the rehab. makes a big difference (trust me, i didn't - took forever to get the range back)

best of luck

yessir. Yeah, I plan on doing full rehab. I want to get back 100% ASAP. My Drs said 3 weeks in sling and 4/5 months rehab. Which ain't that bad I don't think. Could be a lot worse.

qclabrat

SLAP surgeries are pretty common nowadays, had the same problem since high school, probably originally tore it playing baseball. Mine is some strange J shaped tear which the doc wasn't sure he could repair with good confidence. Also have horrible shoulder impingements so its really not worth the trouble unless I have some sort of sports related career. Good luck with the surgery, we'll pick you up in the late Fall rides.

Yeah, you'll marking the walls for weeks to see how far you can reach.

Patrick

Staff member
yessir. Yeah, I plan on doing full rehab. I want to get back 100% ASAP. My Drs said 3 weeks in sling and 4/5 months rehab. Which ain't that bad I don't think. Could be a lot worse.

sling is ok, but keep it moving without hanging, or it will lock up. making rehab take longer.

i have a shoulder ice recirculating thing if you need it - they should give you one. it is a miracle device,
a cuff that keeps the shoulder cold. I think the rehab on range will take much less if motivated. strength part requires patience
to not reinjure - (i did the opposite - i got the strength back, but not the range - duh.)

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
haha yeah man.. You riding at six mile Sunday?
Yep... came to realize that 6mr is one of those parks where you have to ride when you can. Then recently I found out that Stewart is pretty similar. Another option at a feel good park.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes black fuel ex neon green jersey, bright orange camelback, i was at the lot from 220-230ish and didnt see you.

Top Bottom