OOS MOGA

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That's right you do salt water. So is it more just filtering time?

Still need to balance pH and alkalinity. Shock occasionally and algecide. But much less and much easier. Diy about $1500 start up cost. Saves couple hundred in clorine tabs per year. Water feels good.

Had a cover failure so there is plenty of organic matter in there

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
One of my favorite interview questions before the internet was 'how many gallons do you think are in a cubic foot?' cause I had my pool drawn on the whiteboard and was calculating how long to fill it.

You'll be surprised!

Danimal

That's where I have rented in the past with my son. Nice place. Is that where you put in with yours? I heard that the police will ticket anyone parked in the middle. Perimeter parking only.
I'll typically park on the other side of the reservoir where it's less crowded and just launch from there. You can paddle around the reservoir from the rental boat area launch all the way around to the other boat launch. Obviously if you are renting you have no choice but to park in that one area

oobaa47

Speaking of water activities, have any of you gone rafting on the delaware lately? In my limited research, I know of indian head and kittatinny for rentals, but what sections have you done before? Has anyone done the knights eddy to matamoras section? Plan is to take the fam over the summer. Not looking for category 10 rapids, just something to have a little fun with on their first time out. Next year, we'll be ready for this:

1558954242052.png

qclabrat

Speaking of water activities, have any of you gone rafting on the delaware lately? In my limited research, I know of indian head and kittatinny for rentals, but what sections have you done before? Has anyone done the knights eddy to matamoras section? Plan is to take the fam over the summer. Not looking for category 10 rapids, just something to have a little fun with on their first time out. Next year, we'll be ready for this:

View attachment 96175
We used to do it regularly in the spring when the kids were younger. Even bought a raft as it was easier and could hold 6. Summers were usually a bit slow but with the rain we've had in the past few years summess may be okay. I can't remember that sections anymore. But all of the Delaware was good for kids. Bring a raft to tow. My kids liked being "exiled" for the raft from time to time.

oobaa47

We used to do it regularly in the spring when the kids were younger. Even bought a raft as it was easier and could hold 6. Summers were usually a bit slow but with the rain we've had in the past few years summess may be okay. I can't remember that sections anymore. But all of the Delaware was good for kids. Bring a raft to tow. My kids liked being "exiled" for the raft from time to time.
funny you mentioned that....I was thinking about bringing a tube to tow and exile the wife....;)

jklett

My brother and his friends do the spare raft when they tube in the Catskills but they fill it with beer.

Danimal

View attachment 96175
Years ago I did the matamores trip but I dont remember the place we rented from. It was more of a family friendly place where they had a breakfast buffet thing before heading out. Once on board they gave us these plastic scoops and basically it was a complete free for all of attacking other boats and having water fights whenever the water was calm. Me and my buddy dressed as pirates just for the hell of it and it was the most fun I've ever had in a boat

BPaze

So I finally got to Enduro Trails in Bialsko Biala Poland. They spoke English which was sweet, they no longer rent Whyte so didnt get to try that put but the had. Giant Trance Pro Ebike. Since the section of the park I was riding, in fact most of the park isnt lift assisted I decided to rent that. It was def the right choice, not because they are so great but with the climb to get to the top of the trails it allowed me to make 5 or 6 runs instead of 2.

The ride has been posted to strava or will eventually once it syncs check it out sorry will attach link later. Here are a couple pics

OOS HAS GONE INTERNATIONAL LOL
20190527_122810.jpg
20190527_110304.jpg
20190527_114928.jpg
20190527_103849.jpg
20190527_114951.jpg
20190527_110951.jpg
20190527_135512.jpg
20190527_125213.jpg
20190527_114457.jpg

This probably deserves a much better write up especially since it is my first bike park experience and Ebikeas well but dont have the time at the moment.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/e6UAp4J61W

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
So I finally got to Enduro Trails in Bialsko Biala Poland. They spoke English which was sweet, they no longer rent Whyte so didnt get to try that put but the had. Giant Trance Pro Ebike. Since the section of the park I was riding, in fact most of the park isnt lift assisted I decided to rent that. It was def the right choice, not because they are so great but with the climb to get to the top of the trails it allowed me to make 5 or 6 runs instead of 2.

The ride has been posted to strava or will eventually once it syncs check it out sorry will attach link later. Here are a couple pics

OOS HAS GONE INTERNATIONAL LOLView attachment 96186View attachment 96187View attachment 96188View attachment 96189View attachment 96190View attachment 96191View attachment 96192View attachment 96194View attachment 96195

This probably deserves a much better write up especially since it is my first bike park experience and Ebikeas well but dont have the time at the moment.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/e6UAp4J61W

Two cherries for the price of one

Top Bottom